Velocity Reviews

-   -   Unlimited Calls Packags: Update(d)! - There or nearly there!? - 2/3 per month unlimited price range (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t413622-unlimited-calls-packags-update-d-there-or-nearly-there-2-3-per-month-unlimited-price-range.html)

News Reader 03-02-2007 06:44 AM

Unlimited Calls Packags: Update(d)! - There or nearly there!? - 2/3 per month unlimited price range

Hi,

I have posted a few times on here about the cheapest unlimited UK landline
calls packages available (either PSTN or VoIP).

It appears as I had hoped and largely expeted, the price point on these
services is starting to improve.

Current best offers appear to be (and all feedback, experience and thoughts,
etc. welcomed):

- Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited calls
to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a nominal
top-up of $10 (which does not expire provided the account is used for a call
once every [I seem to recall] six months - a free call counts / is
sufficient [according to their website]. Usage limits do not appear to apply
(probably fair use but not the combined "free days" rolling semi-unfree and
rather restricted 300 minutes type limit or the lottery system of Betamax
service destination changes and general uncertaintieis / vagaries [such as
changing T&C's etc.]). This all seems rather good! Unlimited (including UK &
US and many more), one time top up of $10 [does not expire provide one call
is made ~ six months {which doesn't not even have to be chargeable}],
appears to be a "long term" offer rather than fly by night or Betamax
rolling changes / uncertainty / etc., all round sounds good (have probably
forgotten some of the other apparent key benefits - but still - I am sure
some of you can pick me up on them!). Only possible concerns - reality
factor / is it actually a long-term offer / beta or viable / reliable; have
to use their softphone [I believe - I think they may be pending hardware
device / SIP support - and it may be possible to do this manualy oneself
with sufficient nowse or knowledge, engineering, etc.]

See: http://www.myvoipprovider.com/Free_VoIP/ for some further information
(note: they seem to "incorrectly" record Raketu as providing only 120 days
of expiring credit but Raketu's own site confirms otherwise...? [otherwise
generaly a great site]

- Globe 7 - now offering a $4.99 per month unlimited calls package
including US, UK and 20+ish other international destinations. No credit
expiry type issues. Quite a big operator, UK company, etc. Apparently it is
"possible" to use SIP clients / adaptors [see recent newsgroup post
detailing specific parameters] - allthough this is officially unsuported
[although may be pending / imminent]. Otherwise, have to use their softphone
(which whilst kind of interesting and fun probably deserves a warning!)
[Aside: no guarantees, experience, knowledge {first hand} of the Raketu
client software either mind - but does sound / seem rather good]

All in all seeming and sounding quite good & positive - the "sub-3ish" per
month unlimited UK calls type packages (longed and hoped for on my pary at
least!) - and in reality both of these services actually also provide
~20ish+ international destinations as well.

All thoughts, feedback, etc. appreciated.

Best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. Thoughts, etc. of other competing / alternative similarly good value
and complete (at least unlimited UK landline calls) services welcomed.

Jono 03-02-2007 07:29 AM

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Unlimited_Calls_Packags=3A_Update=28?==? ISO-8859-1?Q?d=29!_-_There_or_nearly_there!=3F_-_=A32/3_?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?per_month_unlimited_price_range?=

News Reader wrote:

> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited calls
> to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a nominal
> top-up of $10

I wonder if there's a mistake here....?

UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

Jono 03-02-2007 07:32 AM

Jono wrote:
> News Reader wrote:
>

>> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
>> calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on
>> a nominal top-up of $10

> I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
>
> UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
> UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

and here:

UK-Vodafone 44777 0.1282
UK-Vodafone 4477670 0.2035

clavox@btinternet.com 03-02-2007 11:37 AM

Re: Unlimited Calls Packags: Update(d)! - There or nearly there!? - 2/3 per month unlimited price range

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 07:29:28 GMT, Jono <nothanks@SPAMbYonder.com>
wrote:

>News Reader wrote:
>

>> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited calls
>> to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a nominal
>> top-up of $10

>I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
>
>UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
>UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

I wonder when Ivor is going to come along saying no advertising here
no advertising here no advertising here this is a non anything group .

News Reader 03-02-2007 12:55 PM

"Jono" <nothanks@SPAMbYonder.com> wrote in message
news:snQFh.11123$I46.10393@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
> News Reader wrote:
>

>> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
>> calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a
>> nominal top-up of $10

> I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
>
> UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
> UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]

Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make to
much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some other
"attractive" entries or rates in their price list!

Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?

Best wishes,

News Reader

News Reader 03-02-2007 01:01 PM

"News Reader" <no@email.invalid> wrote in message

> "Jono" <nothanks@SPAMbYonder.com> wrote in message
> news:snQFh.11123$I46.10393@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
>> News Reader wrote:
>>

>>> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
>>> calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a
>>> nominal top-up of $10

>> I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
>>
>> UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
>> UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

> Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]
>

> Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make
> to much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some
> other "attractive" entries or rates in their price list!
>

> Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
> of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?
>

> Best wishes,
>

> News Reader

Only joking (apart from the sssshhhh bit - which I mean in a kind of fun and
light hearted jokey yet serious way too anyhow!).... I am sure Raketu are
just great and I think / hope they run a very admirable service and I
believe they operate their tariff in a very good and positive and
competitive way - good for you Raketu :)

Best wisehs,

News Reader

Herman the German 03-02-2007 04:49 PM

It might be better if you were to just **** off out of this group.

clavox@btinternet.com 03-02-2007 05:45 PM

Re: Unlimited Calls Packags: Update(d)! - There or nearly there!? - 2/3 per month unlimited price range

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:49:29 +0000, Herman the German
<me8@privacy.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:37:01 +0000, clavox@btinternet.com wrote:
>
>>I wonder when Ivor is going to come along saying no advertising here
>>no advertising here no advertising here this is a non anything group .

>It might be better if you were to just **** off out of this group.

Another un educated person I see who just has to resort to vulgar
language when he needs to say something .
And for your information and in answer to your suggestion the answer
is NO I will not go away NEVER WILL I subscribed to this group long
before most people had ever even heard of it . If there is any going
away to be done YOU go away and good ridden's .
Happy now .

Brian A 03-02-2007 07:29 PM

Re: Unlimited Calls Packags: Update(d)! - There or nearly there!? - 2/3 per month unlimited price range

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:01:30 -0000, "News Reader" <no@email.invalid>
wrote:

>"News Reader" <no@email.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jono" <nothanks@SPAMbYonder.com> wrote in message
>> news:snQFh.11123$I46.10393@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...

>>> I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
>>>
>>> UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
>>> UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

>> Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]
>>

>> Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make
>> to much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some
>> other "attractive" entries or rates in their price list!
>>

>> Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
>> of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?

I checked out the rates....their site does not work in Firefox. I had
to invoke IE tab. All sites should work, at the very least in Firefox,
IE6 and IE7 and if possible Safari.
raketu.com TAKE NOTE!!

>> News Reader

>Only joking (apart from the sssshhhh bit - which I mean in a kind of fun and
>light hearted jokey yet serious way too anyhow!).... I am sure Raketu are
>just great and I think / hope they run a very admirable service and I
>believe they operate their tariff in a very good and positive and
>competitive way - good for you Raketu :)
>

>Best wisehs,
>

>News Reader

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Brian A 03-02-2007 07:52 PM

Re: Unlimited Calls Packags: Update(d)! - There or nearly there!? - 2/3 per month unlimited price range

After a perusal of the site I see that it is P-P - not SIP.
So, not of immediate interest to me but may be useful if I find
myself in a situation where I can only use a PC to call out.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.