Velocity Reviews

-   -   Canon G6 Successor...any idea on timeframe or specs? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t412851-canon-g6-successor-any-idea-on-timeframe-or-specs.html)

Bob Hayden 03-11-2005 11:23 PM

Canon G6 Successor...any idea on timeframe or specs?

I'm looking at a new digicam to replace my aging Oly D490 and the Canon G6
seems closest to fitting the bill. I thas been out awhile now, so I was
wondering if anyone has any heads-up on a follow-up to it...when and what it
will be like. Trying to figure the right time to either jump in on the G6 or
wait until the next version comes out.

Dave Cohen 03-12-2005 02:00 AM

Re: Canon G6 Successor...any idea on timeframe or specs?

You'll never win. If a new version comes out it will be higher priced to
begin. You might gain a little if you wait for the newer version and pick up
the G6 at a reduced price. Personally I think the G6 is a great camera, I
opted for the A95, smaller, AA batteries and less money, but a friend has
the G6. I would think if one were looking up from a G6 then perhaps a DSLR.
Dave Cohen
news:RLpYd.8624$DW.4080@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com ...

Mark B. 03-12-2005 03:31 AM

Re: Canon G6 Successor...any idea on timeframe or specs?

"Bob Hayden" <bobhayden@prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:RLpYd.8624$DW.4080@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com ...
> I'm looking at a new digicam to replace my aging Oly D490 and the Canon G6
> seems closest to fitting the bill. I thas been out awhile now, so I was
> wondering if anyone has any heads-up on a follow-up to it...when and what
> it
> will be like. Trying to figure the right time to either jump in on the G6
> or
> wait until the next version comes out.

Good grief, it's just over 6 months old. Don't look for a successor until
at least fall of this year. Just buy a cam that fits your needs now.

Mark

Stephen Poley 03-12-2005 07:32 AM

Re: Canon G6 Successor...any idea on timeframe or specs?

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:23:29 GMT, "Bob Hayden" <bobhayden@prodigy.net>
wrote:

>I'm looking at a new digicam to replace my aging Oly D490 and the Canon G6
>seems closest to fitting the bill. I thas been out awhile now, so I was
>wondering if anyone has any heads-up on a follow-up to it...when and what it
>will be like. Trying to figure the right time to either jump in on the G6 or
>wait until the next version comes out.

The right time is now. Whenever you buy, there will always be something
new in a few months - there's no point in worrying about it.

--
Stephen Poley