Velocity Reviews

-   -   Frame Numbers vs. JPEG Numbers With CF Cards (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t411981-frame-numbers-vs-jpeg-numbers-with-cf-cards.html)

mort 02-14-2005 01:41 AM

Hi,

I have a new Canon Digital Elph S500, which uses CF cards. In using my
512 MB card, I have deleted many photos that were not good enough. I
noticed that deleting a frame reduces the frame numbers by one, but does
not reduce the JPEG number. For example, my CF card now has 52 frames,
but JPEG numbers to 118.

Is there any easy way to delete each JPEG number that has a frame
deleted? In that way, the suffix of the JPEG number will be the same as
the frame number, simplifying storage and keeping track of the photos. I
would of course need a method that did not delete any needed photos.

Thank you.

Morton

David Sommers 02-15-2005 11:38 AM

Re: Frame Numbers vs. JPEG Numbers With CF Cards

I have found that keeping track and storing my digital photos by their
creation date, and not the numerical sequence, is most useful. just use what
ZoomBrowser does automatically and you'll be satisfied.

Bye.

alan@alanlight.com 02-15-2005 04:46 PM

mort wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a new Canon Digital Elph S500, which uses CF cards. In using

my
> 512 MB card, I have deleted many photos that were not good enough. I
> noticed that deleting a frame reduces the frame numbers by one, but

does
> not reduce the JPEG number. For example, my CF card now has 52

frames,
> but JPEG numbers to 118.
>
> Is there any easy way to delete each JPEG number that has a frame
> deleted? In that way, the suffix of the JPEG number will be the same

as
> the frame number, simplifying storage and keeping track of the

photos. I
> would of course need a method that did not delete any needed photos.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Morton

The best way to accomplish this, is to re-number the pictures as they
are copied from your memory card to your computer.

My freeware utility, DIM : Digital Image Mover will accomplish this for
you.

It can be downloaded from http://www.alanlight.com/dim/Dim.htm

Enjoy!

mort 02-16-2005 01:43 AM

Re: Frame Numbers vs. JPEG Numbers With CF Cards

Hi Alan,

Thanks a lot for the very helpful suggestions.

Regards,

Morton