Velocity Reviews

-   -   Anyone help me with Epson R300 Photo printer please? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t410550-anyone-help-me-with-epson-r300-photo-printer-please.html)

Sally 01-24-2005 11:44 PM

Anyone help me with Epson R300 Photo printer please?

Hi

Just brought this printer and i am trying desperately to print a photo from
my computer. Have everything connected ok, installed all software etc, but
i am putting in 6x4 glossy paper and choosing 6x4 size on the software but
the dam thing is printing half of the picture, what am i doing wrong, any
suggestions for a complete newbie and printing photo's.!

Thanks

traction 01-25-2005 12:17 AM

Re: Anyone help me with Epson R300 Photo printer please?

Portrait / Landscape incorrect selection

Jake 01-29-2005 04:17 PM

Re: Anyone help me with Epson R300 Photo printer please?

"Sally" <noone@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Just brought this printer and i am trying desperately to print a photo

from
> my computer. Have everything connected ok, installed all software etc,

but
> i am putting in 6x4 glossy paper and choosing 6x4 size on the software but
> the dam thing is printing half of the picture, what am i doing wrong, any
> suggestions for a complete newbie and printing photo's.!
>
> Thanks

Have you cropped the picture at 6x4? You didn't say what program you're
printing from, but if you leave it up to the software to crop 6x4 from a
picture that's an entirely different resolution/ratio, it will crop
indiscriminately and leave you with only a portion of the picture. I always
crop to the exact size I plan to print. Leave as little up to the
discretion of the software as possible.

jakesnake

paul 01-29-2005 05:40 PM

Sally wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just brought this printer and i am trying desperately to print a photo from
> my computer. Have everything connected ok, installed all software etc, but
> i am putting in 6x4 glossy paper and choosing 6x4 size on the software but
> the dam thing is printing half of the picture, what am i doing wrong, any
> suggestions for a complete newbie and printing photo's.!

Set the image size don't resample though.

Robert Strom 02-01-2005 02:47 PM

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:17:04 GMT, "Jake" <jake@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Sally" <noone@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Just brought this printer and i am trying desperately to print a photo

>from
>> my computer. Have everything connected ok, installed all software etc,

>but
>> i am putting in 6x4 glossy paper and choosing 6x4 size on the software but
>> the dam thing is printing half of the picture, what am i doing wrong, any
>> suggestions for a complete newbie and printing photo's.!
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>Have you cropped the picture at 6x4? You didn't say what program you're
>printing from, but if you leave it up to the software to crop 6x4 from a
>picture that's an entirely different resolution/ratio, it will crop
>indiscriminately and leave you with only a portion of the picture. I always
>crop to the exact size I plan to print. Leave as little up to the
>discretion of the software as possible.
>
>jakesnake

Make sure you are putting the paper in the printer in the "portrait"
position (length wise)

Robert Strom

LLutton 02-01-2005 05:11 PM

Re: Anyone help me with Epson R300 Photo printer please?

>>> Just brought this printer and i am trying desperately to print a photo
>>from
>>> my computer. Have everything connected ok, installed all software etc,

>>but
>>> i am putting in 6x4 glossy paper and choosing 6x4 size on the software but
>>> the dam thing is printing half of the picture, what am i doing wrong, any
>>> suggestions for a complete newbie and printing photo's.!

Besides the cropping question which is the most likely answer, are your images
in landscape mode while your printer is set on Portrait? That'll cause
problems also.
Lynn

measekite 02-01-2005 09:49 PM

Re: Anyone help me with Epson R300 Photo printer please?

Choose 4x6 and put the paper in vertical and then if you want 6x4 print
it in landscape.