Velocity Reviews

-   -   RE: Win2k SSID (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t4101-re-win2k-ssid.html)

=?Utf-8?B?UGllcnJlICBBcmNoYW1iYXVsdA==?= 07-31-2004 11:23 PM

RE: Win2k SSID

CB,

Here are the two reg keys that i change before having a reboot

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0006\ssid=ssidwanted
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Cl ass\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0006\ssid=ssidwanted

If only XP was that simple too...

Pete

Pavel A. 08-01-2004 12:16 AM

Re: Win2k SSID

On win2k, you must use 3rd party software to set SSID.
Actually this may be even *1st party* software - from the vendor of your netcard/driver.
WZCSVC in SP4 does not function as wireless configuration service in XP.
--PA

=?Utf-8?B?UGllcnJlICBBcmNoYW1iYXVsdA==?= 08-02-2004 12:09 PM

Re: Win2k SSID

Hmmm.

Forgot to mention that the Wireless NIC we use is a 3Com X-Jack. After installing their drivers, we noticed that the utility they provide work so badly (and forget about support from 3Com, buying Cisco next time.) so we decided to use WZCSVC with W2K Sp4 instead.

Still, it's much simpler to shange the SSID under W2K SP4 thanin XP SP1. Until XP SP2 I guess.

Pavel A. 08-02-2004 10:46 PM

Re: Win2k SSID

Unless your email ends with microsoft.com, you can forget about
running WZCSVC on win2k. Sorry for being rude...
The SSID parameter in the registry is proprietary to the card/driver, it is
not related and not needed for WZCSVC functioning.

Pavel A. 08-02-2004 11:04 PM

Re: Win2k SSID

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@geeklife.com> wrote in message news:uQqx3KOeEHA.2440@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Unless your email ends with microsoft.com, you can forget about

Oops. I meant, your *real* email address...
--PA