Velocity Reviews

-   -   Best Place to Buy accesories for Sony Cyber Shot DSC W1 Camera (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t409916-best-place-to-buy-accesories-for-sony-cyber-shot-dsc-w1-camera.html)

Mike 01-08-2005 05:03 PM

Best Place to Buy accesories for Sony Cyber Shot DSC W1 Camera

My son has a Sony Cyber Shot DSC W1 camera and I'd like to buy a LCD
protector screen and a carrying case if it didn't come with one.
What otger accesories might be useful? Any recommedations for vendors?

Thanks,

Mike

stewy 01-09-2005 01:15 PM

Re: Best Place to Buy accesories for Sony Cyber Shot DSC W1 Camera

anyone4tennis@hotmail.com wrote:

> My son has a Sony Cyber Shot DSC W1 camera and I'd like to buy a LCD
> protector screen and a carrying case if it didn't come with one.
> What otger accesories might be useful? Any recommedations for vendors?

It depends on how much money you want to waste.

IMHO Most Sony accessories are overpriced and pretty damn useless. I'd
suggest going to a camera shop and looking at the generic bags. I'm sure
you'll find one to fit the W1 at a third of the price of the Sony, which may
be just a slightly padded drawstring bag.

Industrial grade cling film (SARAN wrap) is an ideal screen protector - 3 or
4 layers of the film rolled flat with a rolling pin and cut to size will do
the job nicely.

Mike 01-09-2005 02:01 PM

Re: Best Place to Buy accesories for Sony Cyber Shot DSC W1 Camera

Yes, agree Sony accesories are way overpriced.

Mike