Velocity Reviews

-   -   Fujifilm f810/e550 firmware update online petition (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t409219-fujifilm-f810-e550-firmware-update-online-petition.html)

Mike Henley 12-24-2004 01:42 AM

Fujifilm f810/e550 firmware update online petition

We are a group of fujifilm f810/e550 digital camera owners who would
like to submit an online petition to fujifilm for a firmware upgrade to
address a few issues. This has originated on the "Fuji Talk" forum on
dpreview.com (google fuji talk and it's the first link) and we plan to
have it up and running within ~2 weeks. I am posting it here for two
reasons;

1. Discussion; if you're a fujifilm f810/e550 owner, then we'd like to
hear your comments and wishes.
2. Participation; you'll need to join us to make your comments and
wishes effective.

Here it is

"Dear Fujifilm,

We have purchased F810 and E550 digital cameras. While mostly satisfied
and generally recommend these models to others, we have a few issues
we'd like to see corrected, and imagine that most can be addressed
through a firmware update. These issues are mentioned in the various
online reviews of the F810 and E550. If fixed, potential customers
would have less drawbacks to consider in deciding whether to purchase
one of these cameras. Also, current users would appreciate the added
functionality and would be more likely to remain loyal to the Fujifilm
brand. Firmware updates are, to our understanding, a common practice in
the industry.

1. It is difficult to use the LCD in low light situations. We would
like to have the LCD gain up in low light situations like other
cameras do.

2. We would like to have menu options for adjusting contrast,
saturation, and compression in JPEG images. With regard to compression
in JPEG images, we would like to at least see the addition of a 6mp
Fine mode, or better even, we would prefer to have two separate menus,
one for choosing reslution (12mp, 6mp, and so on), and the other for
choosing JPEG compression (Fine, Normal, and so on

3. Since we often switch between RAW and JPEG mode it would be
useful to have the RAW option moved to the 'F' menu.

4. Shutter speed longer than 3 seconds to make the camera more
capable of shooting in low light situations.

Thank you for addressiing our requests and creating exceptional
products.

Signed: "

Amamba 12-31-2004 08:48 PM

Re: Fujifilm f810/e550 firmware update online petition

I agree with #2.

I actually tend to use viewfinder more often than LCD but #1 sounds
OK.

I would also like to add an option to not underexpose in full auto,
since sometimes I don't have time to post process.