Velocity Reviews

-   -   Goggle search images size (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t408693-goggle-search-images-size.html)

-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo- 12-10-2004 07:24 PM

Goggle search images size

When using Goggle search. The images are described as 1024 x 768
pixels.

Does this mean that if we copy the picture and tell our viewer to show
it at 100%, that the picture will be 1024 pixels wide?

RustY© 12-10-2004 07:49 PM

Re: Goggle search images size

"-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <nomads_05@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1102706647.184547.325100@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
> When using Goggle search. The images are described as 1024 x 768
> pixels. Does this mean that if we copy the picture and tell our viewer to
> show
> it at 100%, that the picture will be 1024 pixels wide?

That's exactly right. And if your screen is set to 1024x768 you've got
yourself a nice wallpaper.
--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

Alan Browne 12-10-2004 07:50 PM

-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo- wrote:
> When using Goggle search. The images are described as 1024 x 768
> pixels.
>
> Does this mean that if we copy the picture and tell our viewer to show
> it at 100%, that the picture will be 1024 pixels wide?

Yes.

Beware of some browsers/viewerws that will 'fit' an image to the screen and may
initially show it at less than 100%.

Owamanga 12-10-2004 07:51 PM

Re: Goggle search images size

On 10 Dec 2004 11:24:07 -0800, "-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-"
<nomads_05@yahoo.com> wrote:

>When using Goggle search. The images are described as 1024 x 768
>pixels.
>
>Does this mean that if we copy the picture and tell our viewer to show
>it at 100%, that the picture will be 1024 pixels wide?

...yes, and 768 pixels high. Weird eh?

--
Owamanga!

-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo- 12-11-2004 02:23 AM

Re: Goggle search images size

Now I am getting it. So if I match the lens and camera to the screen
size. I can shoot my screen. Thanks!!

MarkČ 12-11-2004 08:26 AM

news:1102731827.525736.24380@f14g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
> Now I am getting it. So if I match the lens and camera to the screen
> size. I can shoot my screen. Thanks!!

Yes.

If you take an image of a 1024x768 pixel image using a screen resolution
that does NOT match, your monitor will explode.

bertie 12-11-2004 08:48 AM

Re: Goggle search images size

Definitely wear those Goggles (sic).Exploding pixels can be very dangerous.
Tongue firmly in cheek of course.Pip pip all.Bertie.

Cynicor 12-11-2004 02:15 PM

"MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

> "-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <nomads_05@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Now I am getting it. So if I match the lens and camera to the screen
>> size. I can shoot my screen. Thanks!!

> Yes.
>
> If you take an image of a 1024x768 pixel image using a screen resolution
> that does NOT match, your monitor will explode.

It's really irresponsible to spread misinformation like this. What happens
is that your hard drive reformats.

Paul Ryan 12-11-2004 04:40 PM

Cynicor wrote:

> "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>
>>"-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <nomads_05@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Now I am getting it. So if I match the lens and camera to the screen
>>>size. I can shoot my screen. Thanks!!

>>Yes.
>>
>>If you take an image of a 1024x768 pixel image using a screen resolution
>>that does NOT match, your monitor will explode.

> It's really irresponsible to spread misinformation like this. What happens
> is that your hard drive reformats.

Or at the very least it catches fire.

Paul

Frank ess 12-11-2004 05:11 PM

Paul Ryan wrote:
> Cynicor wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> If you take an image of a 1024x768 pixel image using a screen
>>> resolution that does NOT match, your monitor will explode.

>> It's really irresponsible to spread misinformation like this. What
>> happens is that your hard drive reformats.

> Or at the very least it catches fire.

Or it tiptoes around the corner and laughs up its sleeve.

--
Frank ess