Velocity Reviews

-   -   Closer!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t407777-closer.html)

joe 11-17-2004 11:17 PM

Closer!!!

I have a G5 and use the macro setting quite often.But the thing is I'd like to
get even closer, what can i get for the G5 to do such a thing and where from.
Help appreciated,thankyou.

Joe

Charles Schuler 11-17-2004 11:40 PM

Re: Closer!!!

http://www.lensmateonline.com/g3.html

Charles 11-18-2004 12:15 AM

Re: Closer!!!

From : http://www.dpreview.com/news/0306/03060201canong5.asp

quoted:

True macro photography is available with a 58mm close up lens and
professional Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX or Macro Twin MT-24EX flash units

other 58mm close-up attachments could probably be used with the Canon
adapter.

\
--

- Charles
-

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?= 11-19-2004 12:20 AM

Re: Closer!!!

joe wrote:

> I have a G5 and use the macro setting quite often.But the thing is I'd like to
> get even closer, what can i get for the G5 to do such a thing and where from.
> Help appreciated,thankyou.
>
> Joe

You can buy something called a diopter which screws onto the front of the lens
and simply acts as a magnifier.

I've used them with my Kodak DX6490 to get bigger close-up pictures of jewellery.

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.