Velocity Reviews

-   -   Photo Shop versus Photo Shop Elements (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t407579-photo-shop-versus-photo-shop-elements.html)

Glenn Jacobs 11-12-2004 11:45 PM

Photo Shop versus Photo Shop Elements

I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
blown version of Photo Shop?

--
JakeInHartsel

Charlie Self 11-13-2004 12:36 AM

Re: Photo Shop versus Photo Shop Elements

Glenn Jacobs asks:

>I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
>blown version of Photo Shop?

A wallet that is about $450 heavier, unless you're a pro.

Charlie Self
"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of
common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever
ineligible for public office." H. L. Mencken

Paul J Gans 11-13-2004 03:41 AM

Glenn Jacobs <gjacobs@remove.starband.net> wrote:
>I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
>blown version of Photo Shop?

Depends on your knowlege of Photoshop. If you are a guru
you will do better with it. If you are not a guru but are
willing to spend a great deal of time learning all the
ins and outs of Photoshop, it will be worth it.

Otherwise let the difference in price be your guide.

----- Paul J. Gans

GTO 11-13-2004 04:30 AM

Re: Photo Shop versus Photo Shop Elements

48-bit TIFF. Professional tools. Great documentation (see Amazon.com for
books about PhotoShop CS). If you want to save money, look at PaintShop Pro
9. It has an excellent digital noise removal filter. I never liked
stripped-down versions of good SW packages.

Gregor

news:l1xpanwbazkp$.1s1qdy55pl4i5$.dlg@40tude.net.. .

PhotoMan 11-13-2004 04:39 AM

Charlie Self wrote:
> Glenn Jacobs asks:
>
>> I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the
>> full blown version of Photo Shop?

> A wallet that is about $450 heavier, unless you're a pro.

It made MY wallet a lot lighter.

Aerticus 11-13-2004 08:55 AM

Re: Photo Shop versus Photo Shop Elements

IMHO learn PSE 3 until you know it backwards and can manage every effect or
feature to produce the output you desire.

Once you have reached that state of awareness and familiarity you are prime
ready for PSCS and the fuller more extensive range of variables therein

Aerticus

Don dunlap 11-13-2004 09:29 AM

Re: Photo Shop versus Photo Shop Elements

"Charlie Self" <charliediy@aol.comnotforme> wrote in message
> Glenn Jacobs asks:
>
>>I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
>>blown version of Photo Shop?

> A wallet that is about $450 heavier, unless you're a pro.
>
> Charlie Self
> "It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of
> common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever
> ineligible for public office." H. L. Mencken

Don't you mean "about $450 Lighter"? :)

Don Dunlap

Charlie Self 11-13-2004 12:07 PM

Re: Photo Shop versus Photo Shop Elements

Don Dunlap catches me with:

>"Charlie Self" <charliediy@aol.comnotforme> wrote in message
>> Glenn Jacobs asks:
>>
>>>I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
>>>blown version of Photo Shop?

>> A wallet that is about $450 heavier, unless you're a pro.
>>
>> Charlie Self
>> "It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of
>> common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever
>> ineligible for public office." H. L. Mencken

>Don't you mean "about $450 Lighter"? :)

Ayup. Sorry about that. Can you have sentence dyslexia?

Phil Wheeler 11-13-2004 12:32 PM

GTO wrote:

> 48-bit TIFF. Professional tools. Great documentation (see Amazon.com for
> books about PhotoShop CS). If you want to save money, look at PaintShop Pro
> 9. It has an excellent digital noise removal filter. I never liked
> stripped-down versions of good SW packages.

Don't judge Elements 3.0 based on earlier versions.

Ed Ruf 11-13-2004 03:53 PM

Re: Photo Shop versus Photo Shop Elements

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:32:33 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Phil Wheeler
<w6tuh-ng5@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Don't judge Elements 3.0 based on earlier versions.

I would like to judge it on it's own merits, but it seems Adobe can't or
won't offer a trial version of it.
http://EdwardGRuf.com