Velocity Reviews

-   -   HP Laserjet 2550L, quality (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t406857-hp-laserjet-2550l-quality.html)

Chris Szilagyi 10-26-2004 01:13 AM

HP Laserjet 2550L, quality

Hello:

I am in the market for a color laserjet printer. I have been quite
happy with select HP printers in the past. Right now I'm considering
a Laserjet 2550L, because it is affordable. I'm looking for all
feedback on this printer. Mainly I am very curious of its quality,
for documents, but more for photos. I understand it will not be as
high quality as a good inkjet. My main focus is to get rid of the
inkjet, along with messy ink that fades and smears.

Thank you very much for all feedback!!

--
Chris

Christopher Muto 10-26-2004 05:01 AM

Re: HP Laserjet 2550L, quality

no crossposting please. this reply only to rec.photo.digital where it was
read.

the hp color laserjets are inappropriate for printing photos. it is cheap
at $500, but the image quality is sure to disappoint. the $1000 xerox
phaser 840 is a much better choice for quality volume printing... but what
is most economical and usually even higher quality and is to simply use a
photographic process like that offered by shutterfly or even kmarts and
wallmarts.

news:2aab79d7.0410251713.523fcbe9@posting.google.c om...

Christopher Muto 10-26-2004 01:36 PM

Re: HP Laserjet 2550L, quality

oops, make that the xerox 8400 (not 840)..
http://www.office.xerox.com/products...0vsinkjet.html