Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: goodbye rec.photo.digital -hello rec.photo.digital.slr-systems? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t406759-re-goodbye-rec-photo-digital-hello-rec-photo-digital-slr-systems.html)

Woodchuck Bill 10-24-2004 06:59 AM

Re: goodbye rec.photo.digital -hello rec.photo.digital.slr-systems?

"Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote in

>> That is a lie. Not a single vote has been ruled as "invalid" by the
>> NAN team.

> You have the cart before the horse Bill. There is a 5 day period for
> discussion and then NAN may take up the case. Don't you remember the
> sequence from Full Metal Jacket?

In the FMJ case, someone properly challenged a series of *specific*
votes with compelling evidence and a solid reason for voiding those
votes.

Here is the *official* challenge, with proof..

http://makeashorterlink.com/?E28824999

The original RESULT..

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q19813999

The revised RESULT..

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A1A823999

In the original RESULT, the group failed. There were 2 challenges
made..to the Full Metal Jacket "no" votes, and to the Stromboli "yes"
votes. In the end, the FMJ votes were thrown out, and the Stromboli
votes were upheld by the NAN team. The group passed, solely due to the
Stromboli block of votes.

Not a single vote has been properly challenged for the RPD reorg vote,
with any offered proof of invalidity. The losing side cries "voter
fraud" on almost every CFV, and nothing is ever reversed without
compelling evidence of voter fraud. Unfamiliarity of a voter name is not
grounds for voiding a vote, as there is no previous posting requirement
for voters. In order for this result to be invalidated, you would need to
come up with a list of roughly 250+ invalid votes, and offer proof why
you purport *each* of them to be invalid, above and beyond the claim
that you do not 'recognize' the names.

The RPD reorg vote will stand, and the new groups will be created within
the next few days.

--
Bill

Matt Ion 10-24-2004 07:28 AM

Get a life... (was: Re: goodbye rec.photo.digital -hello rec.photo.digital.slr-systems?)

Just one question...

WHO the **** cares?!?!

Woodchuck Bill 10-24-2004 07:43 AM

Re: Get a life... (was: Re: goodbye rec.photo.digital -hello rec.photo.digital.slr-systems?)

Matt Ion <soundy@moltenimage.com> wrote in

> Just one question...
>
> WHO the **** cares?!?!

Obviously not you, but some people apparently do, so please ignore what you
don't want to read and let others carry on as they desire.

--
Bill

dj_nme 10-24-2004 08:19 AM

Woodchuck Bill wrote:
> "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote in
>

>>>That is a lie. Not a single vote has been ruled as "invalid" by the
>>>NAN team.

>>You have the cart before the horse Bill. There is a 5 day period for
>>discussion and then NAN may take up the case. Don't you remember the
>>sequence from Full Metal Jacket?

> In the FMJ case, someone properly challenged a series of *specific*
> votes with compelling evidence and a solid reason for voiding those
> votes.
>
> Here is the *official* challenge, with proof..
>

> http://makeashorterlink.com/?E28824999

> The original RESULT..
>

> http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q19813999

> The revised RESULT..
>

> http://makeashorterlink.com/?A1A823999

> In the original RESULT, the group failed. There were 2 challenges
> made..to the Full Metal Jacket "no" votes, and to the Stromboli "yes"
> votes. In the end, the FMJ votes were thrown out, and the Stromboli
> votes were upheld by the NAN team. The group passed, solely due to the
> Stromboli block of votes.
>
> Not a single vote has been properly challenged for the RPD reorg vote,
> with any offered proof of invalidity. The losing side cries "voter
> fraud" on almost every CFV, and nothing is ever reversed without
> compelling evidence of voter fraud. Unfamiliarity of a voter name is not
> grounds for voiding a vote, as there is no previous posting requirement
> for voters. In order for this result to be invalidated, you would need to
> come up with a list of roughly 250+ invalid votes, and offer proof why
> you purport *each* of them to be invalid, above and beyond the claim
> that you do not 'recognize' the names.
>
> The RPD reorg vote will stand, and the new groups will be created within
> the next few days.

To those that like things the way they are, just post as you normaly
would to the current (apropriate) newsgroup.
Just killfile the NG creation threads and it will seem just like it was
before the vote.
I will do that myself to all three threads that have been clogging up
RPD for the past few weeks.

Considering that all digital cameras and accessories are on topic (ad
will remain on topic) in RPD, it won't make any difference to me.

The new sub-groups will probably wither due to ISPs not subscribing
their servers to them anyway (and the resulting lack of posts).

Have fun complaining either way in this thread, because I will leave you
to it.

me 10-24-2004 01:12 PM

"Matt Ion" <soundy@moltenimage.com> wrote in message
> Just one question...
>
> WHO the **** cares?!?!

ROTFL! Ahem, now that I've recovered, I like your style Matt but IMHO a
better question might be, is there an NG for the discussion of NG creation?
Perhaps that might be a better venue for this sort of thing?

me 10-24-2004 01:31 PM

"me" <anonymous@_.com> wrote in message
> "Matt Ion" <soundy@moltenimage.com> wrote in message
> > Just one question...
> >
> > WHO the **** cares?!?!

> ROTFL! Ahem, now that I've recovered, I like your style Matt but IMHO a
> better question might be, is there a NG for the discussion of NG creation?

I answer my own question: news.groups news.announce.newgroups

Woodchuck Bill 10-24-2004 01:47 PM

"me" <anonymous@_.com> wrote in news:10nnbuu15kmp687@corp.supernews.com:

> is there a NG for the discussion of NG creation?
>
> I answer my own question: news.groups news.announce.newgroups

You provided an incomplete answer. You forgot to add..

...all newsgroups named in the distribution list of the particular proposal
and/or any other groups thay may be affected by the proposal.

--
Bill

Alan Browne 10-24-2004 02:40 PM

Re: Get a life...

Matt Ion wrote:

> Just one question...
>
> WHO the **** cares?!?!

If you don't, then (and using your language) you know what to do.

drwxr-xr-x 10-24-2004 02:59 PM

Re: Get a life... (was: Re: goodbye rec.photo.digital -hello rec.photo.digital.slr-systems?)

On 24 Oct 2004 07:43:58 GMT, Woodchuck Bill hath writ:
> Matt Ion <soundy@moltenimage.com> wrote in
>
>> Just one question...
>>
>> WHO the **** cares?!?!

> Obviously not you, but some people apparently do, so please ignore what you
> don't want to read and let others carry on as they desire.

Well, what _will_ happen is that folks ignoring nettique will
now be cross-posting to even _more_ ng's than this thread is.

Mike 10-24-2004 04:49 PM

Re: Get a life... (was: Re: goodbye rec.photo.digital -hello rec.photo.digital.slr-systems?)

"Matt Ion" <soundy@moltenimage.com> wrote in message
> Just one question...
>
> WHO the **** cares?!?!

LOL, you beat me to it Matt