Velocity Reviews

-   -   Canon Digital Rebel - black bodied (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t406704-canon-digital-rebel-black-bodied.html)

Siddhartha Jain 10-22-2004 06:55 PM

Canon Digital Rebel - black bodied

Hi,

Is there any reputed store in NY/NJ that is selling the black bodied
Canon 300D at a reasonable price (~US$ 800-820 before $100 rebate)?

Is the black body slated to be released anytime soon in the US?
Thanks,

Siddhartha

Patco 10-22-2004 10:43 PM

Re: Canon Digital Rebel - black bodied

Available in Canada. This Montreal store lists it at 832 US dollars:
http://www.simonscameras.com/digital...ftype=0&curr=2
I don't know what problems, if any, you might have if you buy from
a Canadian source.

news:1098471333.036756.198140@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

Michael A. Covington 10-22-2004 11:21 PM

"Patco" <patco@mail.com> wrote in message
> Available in Canada. This Montreal store lists it at 832 US dollars:
> http://www.simonscameras.com/digital...ftype=0&curr=2
> I don't know what problems, if any, you might have if you buy from
> a Canadian source.

Caméras Simon is an interesting store (I've been in it and would not
hesitate to trust them). They've been there long enough to accumulate a lot
of interesting things!

Do Canadian-bought Canons qualify for the rebate?

Warranty?

Darrell Larose 10-23-2004 04:12 AM

Re: Canon Digital Rebel - black bodied

"Siddhartha Jain" <losttoy2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1098471333.036756.198140@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Is there any reputed store in NY/NJ that is selling the black bodied
> Canon 300D at a reasonable price (~US$ 800-820 before $100 rebate)?
>
> Is the black body slated to be released anytime soon in the US?
> Thanks,
>
> Siddhartha

They have been available up here in Canada for months now. We need black so
we can see them against all our snow...

I have at least 4 in stock right now, until my order next week comes in.

---

Siddhartha Jain 10-23-2004 07:35 AM

Patco wrote:
> Available in Canada. This Montreal store lists it at 832 US dollars:

http://www.simonscameras.com/digital...ftype=0&curr=2
> I don't know what problems, if any, you might have if you buy from
> a Canadian source.

Hmmm ... US$832 for body only at SimonCameras. With the 18-55mm lens,
it is US$1028 without the rebate.
I think I'll settle for the silver rebel :)

Thanks,

Siddhartha

Matt Ion 10-23-2004 08:31 AM

Darrell Larose wrote:

> "Siddhartha Jain" <losttoy2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:1098471333.036756.198140@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Is there any reputed store in NY/NJ that is selling the black bodied
>>Canon 300D at a reasonable price (~US$ 800-820 before $100 rebate)?
>>
>>Is the black body slated to be released anytime soon in the US?
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Siddhartha
>>

> They have been available up here in Canada for months now. We need black so
> we can see them against all our snow...

There's always your handy-dandy Magic Marker... :D

Darrell Larose 10-23-2004 11:47 AM

news:1098516910.743798.226360@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> Patco wrote:
> > Available in Canada. This Montreal store lists it at 832 US dollars:

http://www.simonscameras.com/digital...ftype=0&curr=2
> > I don't know what problems, if any, you might have if you buy from
> > a Canadian source.
> >

> Hmmm ... US$832 for body only at SimonCameras. With the 18-55mm lens,
> it is US$1028 without the rebate.
> I think I'll settle for the silver rebel :)

Silver and Black are the same price... Normal retail in Canada for the
Drebel with 18~55 kit lens is $1,299.99 ($1,050 USD) all cameras are cheaper
in the USA.

---

Linda_N 10-23-2004 12:22 PM

"Darrell Larose" <no@spam.eh> wrote in message

> "Siddhartha Jain" <losttoy2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:1098471333.036756.198140@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any reputed store in NY/NJ that is selling the black bodied
>> Canon 300D at a reasonable price (~US$ 800-820 before $100 rebate)?
>>
>> Is the black body slated to be released anytime soon in the US?
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Siddhartha
>>

> They have been available up here in Canada for months now. We need black
> so
> we can see them against all our snow...

hehehehe, how true.

> I have at least 4 in stock right now, until my order next week comes in.

Unfortunately the Canon cameras are more expensive here than 'some' places
in the USA. After conversion there is approximately $150 more on the
Canadian price tag for the exact same model (holds true for all models).
I've asked Canon Marketing if anything could be done, but the answer was no
because of low demand somehow everything is more expensive for Canon Canada.
Of course I said well if the price were lower more people would buy Canon
over Olympus, Fuji, Nikon. The answer was 'we know *laugh*'.

Siddhartha you can ask almost any reputable dealer in the USA to order you a
black one and they will. If you decide not to get it they will advertise the
black one on their web site as in stock.

Linda

Linda_N 10-23-2004 12:32 PM

Re: Canon Digital Rebel - black bodied

"Siddhartha Jain" <losttoy2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1098516910.743798.226360@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> Patco wrote:
>> Available in Canada. This Montreal store lists it at 832 US dollars:
>>

> http://www.simonscameras.com/digital...ftype=0&curr=2
>> I don't know what problems, if any, you might have if you buy from
>> a Canadian source.
>>

> Hmmm ... US$832 for body only at SimonCameras. With the 18-55mm lens,
> it is US$1028 without the rebate.
> I think I'll settle for the silver rebel :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Siddhartha

Check the Rebate chart again. It is a rebate, double rebate, triple rebate
deal that works by the items you are purchasing and the number. It may be
that purchasing the body and a lens enables you to get the double rebate of
$200 (extra $100 for the purchase of any listed 'different' additional item)
plus however much that different item is discounted for. Amazon.com has a
good example chart of how to use the rebates in your best interests:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...596516-6218432

Linda

Patco 10-24-2004 03:44 PM

Re: Canon Digital Rebel - black bodied

Agreed - very interesting store. Turn-of-the-century decor, but my favourite
camera store.
I was there just this morning to buy a Xmas gift.
Sorry, but I have no idea about the rebate & warranty issues for a foreign
purchaser.