Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: compact flash PCMCIA adapter (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t406646-re-compact-flash-pcmcia-adapter.html)

Steven Scharf 10-21-2004 06:32 PM

scharf@hotmail.com (Steven Scharf) wrote in message
> And it looks like Delkin has discontinued it. They are sold out, with
> no information on when or if they will have more. One reseller states:
>
> " Back Order
> [ ETA: Dec 31, 2009 ] (Estimated)
> (Order now to get priority fulfillment when product becomes
> available)"
>
> B&H still has it though.

I received the Delkin Cardbus CF adaptor from B&H. I was visiting some
people in Minnesota last week, and the guy took a bunch of pictures
with his new Nikon D70. I took his 40x Lexar CF card and stuck it in
the Delkin Cardbus CF slot of my notebook PC. The transfer of files
seemed instantaneous, far faster than with my old PC Card CF adapter,
or a USB adapter. However my USB adapter is only 1.0.

I prefer not to carry extra stuff with me, and I just keep the Cardbus
CF adapter in the notebook all the time. The notebook already has an
SD adapter built into it. Alas, I couldn't find a notebook PC that
included a CF slot, along with all the other features I wanted. The
first Compaq tablet had a CF slot, but the second model changed to an
SD slot.

George 10-21-2004 09:13 PM

Re: compact flash PCMCIA adapter

The best CF/PCMCIA adapter I've found is the B&H "General" brand...it works
with
type I, type II, and microdrive and comes with the nicest gel-lined case
that'll also hold
two CF cards under the adapter.

George

news:4f153f94.0410211032.4391264e@posting.google.c om...

Steven M. Scharf 10-26-2004 04:39 PM

"George" <nowhere@newsonly.com> wrote in message
> The best CF/PCMCIA adapter I've found is the B&H "General" brand...it

works
> with
> type I, type II, and microdrive and comes with the nicest gel-lined case
> that'll also hold
> two CF cards under the adapter.

That's fine, but it's not a CardBus adapter, and hence will still be slow.