Velocity Reviews

-   -   Anyone own an Archos Gmini 400? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t405982-anyone-own-an-archos-gmini-400-a.html)

SC 10-04-2004 09:55 AM

Anyone own an Archos Gmini 400?

Just wondering if anyone can tell me about their experiences
with these. Going on holiday shortly, already have a 512MB CF
and decided to buy a 1GB CF so I wouldn't have to take my
laptop. I have seen the Archos for ~250 and so with the 1GB CF
card at around 100 it makes more sense to get one of these with
a 20GB hard disk built in. Here's a link for anyone who's
interested
http://www.archos.com/products/overview/gmini_400.html

Also supports DivX and is an MP3 player :) with a claimed 10
hours battery life for MP3 playback and 5 hours for movies.

Simon

Fudo 10-04-2004 10:17 AM

Re: Anyone own an Archos Gmini 400?

"SC" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone can tell me about their experiences
> with these. Going on holiday shortly, already have a 512MB CF
> and decided to buy a 1GB CF so I wouldn't have to take my
> laptop. I have seen the Archos for ~250 and so with the 1GB CF
> card at around 100 it makes more sense to get one of these with
> a 20GB hard disk built in. Here's a link for anyone who's
> interested
> http://www.archos.com/products/overview/gmini_400.html
>
> Also supports DivX and is an MP3 player :) with a claimed 10
> hours battery life for MP3 playback and 5 hours for movies.
>
> Simon

I have Gmini 120. It has 20GB HDD and it can play MP3. For me it is
excellent companion for travel, light, small enough and battery lasts for
~10 hours. Charging is ~ 2 hours. Much better investment than 1GB CF for
little bit more cash.

SC 10-04-2004 10:29 AM

"Fudo" <fudodudo@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "SC" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> > Just wondering if anyone can tell me about their experiences
> > with these. Going on holiday shortly, already have a 512MB

CF
> > and decided to buy a 1GB CF so I wouldn't have to take my
> > laptop. I have seen the Archos for ~250 and so with the 1GB

CF
> > card at around 100 it makes more sense to get one of these

with
> > a 20GB hard disk built in. Here's a link for anyone who's
> > interested
> > http://www.archos.com/products/overview/gmini_400.html
> >
> > Also supports DivX and is an MP3 player :) with a claimed 10
> > hours battery life for MP3 playback and 5 hours for movies.
> >
> > Simon

> I have Gmini 120. It has 20GB HDD and it can play MP3. For me

it is
> excellent companion for travel, light, small enough and

battery lasts for
> ~10 hours. Charging is ~ 2 hours. Much better investment than

1GB CF for
> little bit more cash.

Thanks for that, I just ordered one so hopefully it'll do
exactly what I need it to. I assume you've found it to be
reliable?

Simon

RustY 10-04-2004 05:22 PM

Re: Anyone own an Archos Gmini 400?

"SC" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone can tell me about their experiences
> with these. Going on holiday shortly, already have a 512MB CF
> and decided to buy a 1GB CF so I wouldn't have to take my
> laptop. I have seen the Archos for ~250

I use a G-mini 20GB and it is ideal. My only gripe is that you can not load
back onto a CF card with it but it works well and charger from the car OK
with a cheap transformer gizmo set to 4.5v. I bought mine off e-bay for
150.

I often shoot 1Gb / day on trips so something like this is essential.

--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......