Velocity Reviews

-   -   Caller ID on gateway FXO ports not working... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t40593-caller-id-on-gateway-fxo-ports-not-working.html)

Scooby 08-26-2005 01:35 PM

Caller ID on gateway FXO ports not working...

I've set up Cisco gateways with PRI's in the past and caller id always works
flawlessly. However, I recently set up a 2811 with a 4 port FXO card. The
telco has confirmed that they are sending caller id, but I am not getting it
on my devices.

When I go to the voice-port and set 'caller-id enable', all calls stop
coming in from that port. Doing a debug, it looks like the port may be
hanging while looking for caller id information. There does not seem to be
an mgcp connection at all. Doing some research, it appears that there are
different means of sending caller id and I need to be in sync with the
telco.

Anyone out there have any experience troubleshooting this? Any tips?

Thanks,

Jim

www.BradReese.Com 08-26-2005 02:19 PM

Re: Caller ID on gateway FXO ports not working...

Hi Jim,

Caller ID cannot be passed from a Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) port on
any of the 1700 Series Access Router, 2600 Series Multiservice Platform
and 3600 Series Multiservice Platform gateways that run in Media
Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) mode. However, the caller ID can be
passed from a PRI or a Foreign Exchange Station (FXS).

If caller ID support is essential on the FXO port, configure the
gateway to run in H323 mode.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
http://www.bradreese.com/index.htm#EXPERTS
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA/Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294

Scooby 08-26-2005 02:50 PM

Re: Caller ID on gateway FXO ports not working...

Brad,

Thanks for the response. However, I'm not sure we are talking about the
same thing here. I may not have quite specified, but I'm talking about
incoming caller id, not outgoing. I'm trying to get the caller id of the
incoming call and pass it to the end device (7940). Any comments?

Thanks,

Jim

news:1125065979.659510.60080@g43g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...

Anthrax 08-26-2005 07:41 PM

<Snip> ------->

<------- </Snip>
<Snip> ------->
> "www.BradReese.Com" <Reese@BradReese.Com> wrote in message
> news:1125065979.659510.60080@g43g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
>
>>Hi Jim,
>>
>>Caller ID cannot be passed from a Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) port on
>>any of the 1700 Series Access Router, 2600 Series Multiservice Platform
>>and 3600 Series Multiservice Platform gateways that run in Media
>>Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) mode. However, the caller ID can be
>>passed from a PRI or a Foreign Exchange Station (FXS).
>>
>>If caller ID support is essential on the FXO port, configure the
>>gateway to run in H323 mode.

<------- </Snip>

Brad is right, CLID is not supported in MGCP mode for the FXO. If you
really need CLID change it to h.323.

See...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0800921ed.html

[Snip: Table 2 Voice Gateway Router with Cisco CallManager Feature
Summary]

Caller ID support

Enables the Voice Gateway Router to send the ANI of a caller for display:

In MGCP mode, to/from IP phones, FXS and T1/E1 PRI (Caller ID currently
not supported on FXO and T1-CAS)

In H.323 mode, between IP phones, FXS, BRI and T1/E1 PRI; and from FXO
to IP Phones, FXS, BRI and T1/E1 PRI

Let us know if this solves your query..

--
2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.
///////////////////

http://www.usenet.com

Anthrax 08-26-2005 07:48 PM

On 8/26/2005 2:41 PM, Anthrax wrote:

<Snip> ------->
>> "www.BradReese.Com" <Reese@BradReese.Com> wrote in message
>> news:1125065979.659510.60080@g43g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
>>
>>> Hi Jim,
>>>
>>> Caller ID cannot be passed from a Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) port on
>>> any of the 1700 Series Access Router, 2600 Series Multiservice Platform
>>> and 3600 Series Multiservice Platform gateways that run in Media
>>> Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) mode<------- </Snip>

<Snip> ------->

> Brad is right, CLID is not supported in MGCP mode for the FXO. If you
> really need CLID change it to h.323.

BTW this is still being true for the 2800 series and 3800 series, this
is the right link for your platform, just look for the same table (but
number 1 in this case) mentioned in my previous post.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080182d38.html

Cheers!

nvazirov 10-04-2012 07:28 AM

Hi,

I'm need your help. Can anybody send me examples of H.323 on fxo port.