Velocity Reviews

-   -   Nikon Coopix 5700 - Is Nikon Views Software Worth Loading? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t405910-nikon-coopix-5700-is-nikon-views-software-worth-loading.html)

The_AntiArt 10-02-2004 03:10 AM

Nikon Coopix 5700 - Is Nikon Views Software Worth Loading?

I have had no problem downloading images with Windows XP.

I use ACDSee, Adobe Photoshop CS, and LView Pro for image management.

What will the Nikon Views software buy me that I cant already do?

TIA

-Art

[BnH] 10-02-2004 03:42 AM

Re: Nikon Coopix 5700 - Is Nikon Views Software Worth Loading?

Ability to view NEF?

=bob=

Ed Ruf 10-02-2004 11:47 AM

Re: Nikon Coopix 5700 - Is Nikon Views Software Worth Loading?

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 23:10:42 -0400, in rec.photo.digital The_AntiArt
<The_AntiArt@Hoaxland.net> wrote:

>I have had no problem downloading images with Windows XP.
>
>I use ACDSee, Adobe Photoshop CS, and LView Pro for image management.
>
>What will the Nikon Views software buy me that I cant already do?

Given what other software you gave listed above:

Keep the date and time synchronized with your PC, using the option to
perform this time to time. This is under the transfer menu.

See images taken with my CP-990/5700 and D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

bob 10-02-2004 01:03 PM

Re: Nikon Coopix 5700 - Is Nikon Views Software Worth Loading?

The_AntiArt <The_AntiArt@Hoaxland.net> wrote in

> I have had no problem downloading images with Windows XP.
>
> I use ACDSee, Adobe Photoshop CS, and LView Pro for image management.
>
> What will the Nikon Views software buy me that I cant already do?
>
> TIA
>
> -Art

I don't know how fast CS is in opening NEF images. I have noticed that
Nikon View will open a NEF image much quicker than the Nikon plugin in PS
6. You can make changes to the settings, and then click the "send to
photoshop" button, which makes a new "untitled" image.

It's also a decent tool to open a number of RAW images and write out jpg
files just to produce thumbnails, if you need them.

It monitors the CF reader all the time, and whenever you stick a flash card
into it, it will pop up and offer the transfer the photos. That sort of
bugs me.

Bob

--
Delete the inverse SPAM to reply

Ed Ruf 10-02-2004 01:34 PM

Re: Nikon Coopix 5700 - Is Nikon Views Software Worth Loading?

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 13:03:21 GMT, in rec.photo.digital bob
<usenetMAPS@2fiddles.com> wrote:

>It monitors the CF reader all the time, and whenever you stick a flash card
>into it, it will pop up and offer the transfer the photos. That sort of
>bugs me.

Edit => Preferences => Auto launch tab => Choose disable auto launch

Ed Ruf 10-02-2004 02:27 PM

Re: Nikon Coopix 5700 - Is Nikon Views Software Worth Loading?

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 23:10:42 -0400, in rec.photo.digital The_AntiArt
<The_AntiArt@Hoaxland.net> wrote:

>I have had no problem downloading images with Windows XP.
>
>I use ACDSee, Adobe Photoshop CS, and LView Pro for image management.
>
>What will the Nikon Views software buy me that I cant already do?

Also, there is other software on the disc, including PanoramaMaker3. I've
used Panavue ImageAssembler for years, but now also use PM for quick
autostitched panos.

bob 10-02-2004 06:59 PM

Re: Nikon Coopix 5700 - Is Nikon Views Software Worth Loading?

Ed Ruf <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote in

> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 13:03:21 GMT, in rec.photo.digital bob
> <usenetMAPS@2fiddles.com> wrote:
>
>>It monitors the CF reader all the time, and whenever you stick a flash
>>card into it, it will pop up and offer the transfer the photos. That
>>sort of bugs me.

> Edit => Preferences => Auto launch tab => Choose disable auto launch

Thanks Ed.

Bob

--
Delete the inverse SPAM to reply