Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Digital Photography (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f37-digital-photography.html)
-   -   ACDSee 7 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t405856-acdsee-7-a.html)

SimonG Ltd. 09-30-2004 12:45 PM

ACDSee 7
 
I hate it already ! !

I use a Fuji S2 and with version 5 I could see the preview jpg in the RAW
file, this got "fixed" in version 6 and now in version 7 it shows the RAW
file. . . . only problem is that this is at least 10x slower than showing
the jpg and it is the same size anyway ! !

I also have a bigger problem . . . all my TIFFs converted from my RAF (Fuji
RAW files) show as corrupt. They were fine in version 5 and open fine in PS
and PSP . . . looks like a case of "If it ain't broken, break it ! "

Oh and one final moan . . . looked at the ACDSee website, called the number
for European tech support only to find they can't help . . . have to call
USA when they wake up.

I'm getting my money back !!



Hap Shaughnessy 09-30-2004 03:51 PM

Re: ACDSee 7
 
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:45:17 +0100, "SimonG Ltd." <spam@simong.co.uk>
wrote:

>I hate it already ! !
>
>I use a Fuji S2 and with version 5 I could see the preview jpg in the RAW
>file, this got "fixed" in version 6 and now in version 7 it shows the RAW
>file. . . . only problem is that this is at least 10x slower than showing
>the jpg and it is the same size anyway ! !
>
>I also have a bigger problem . . . all my TIFFs converted from my RAF (Fuji
>RAW files) show as corrupt. They were fine in version 5 and open fine in PS
>and PSP . . . looks like a case of "If it ain't broken, break it ! "
>
>Oh and one final moan . . . looked at the ACDSee website, called the number
>for European tech support only to find they can't help . . . have to call
>USA when they wake up.
>
>I'm getting my money back !!


Well, you should be okay getting a refund.

I'm back to using ACDSee 3.11.

Sept 13/04 I submitted a message using their "Technical Support Online
Form" stating my disappointment upgrading to 6.03 last July10/04.

Not a peep from them yet. Not even an automatic courtesy e-mail
stating that my complaints were received.

I'll just sent it again. Fingers crossed. <grrrr>

I refuse to phone long distance trying to get a refund. I was 1 month
past the 30 day limit before I discovered how painfully slow ACDSee 6
was for viewing my new digital camera pics archived to CD.

2 minutes 20 seconds to build a database before being able to view any
photos. 1 minute 30 seconds before a slide show begins.

Cdn$54.16 down the drain.

Do I want to upgrade to ACDSee 7.0? Nope!

Not after reading your problems along with many others. Thanks for
posting.

---end of rant

Hap

Ryadia 09-30-2004 07:49 PM

Re: ACDSee 7
 
SimonG Ltd. wrote:
> I hate it already ! !
>
> I use a Fuji S2 and with version 5 I could see the preview jpg in the RAW
> file, this got "fixed" in version 6 and now in version 7 it shows the RAW
> file. . . . only problem is that this is at least 10x slower than showing
> the jpg and it is the same size anyway ! !
>
> I also have a bigger problem . . . all my TIFFs converted from my RAF (Fuji
> RAW files) show as corrupt. They were fine in version 5 and open fine in PS
> and PSP . . . looks like a case of "If it ain't broken, break it ! "
>
> Oh and one final moan . . . looked at the ACDSee website, called the number
> for European tech support only to find they can't help . . . have to call
> USA when they wake up.
>
> I'm getting my money back !!
>
>

Unfortunately ACDsee is kindergarden stuff. The part I have a problem
with is when they 'sell' you an upgrade and it's actually a downgrade.

Get hold of Irfanview. It's not quite as elegant in the Interface but
it's free (donations help the author) and regularly maintained.

Ryadia

Hap Shaughnessy 09-30-2004 09:28 PM

Re: ACDSee 7
 
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:51:29 -0400, Hap Shaughnessy
<hap@lac-du-possum.ca> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:45:17 +0100, "SimonG Ltd." <spam@simong.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>I hate it already ! !
>>
>>I use a Fuji S2 and with version 5 I could see the preview jpg in the RAW
>>file, this got "fixed" in version 6 and now in version 7 it shows the RAW
>>file. . . . only problem is that this is at least 10x slower than showing
>>the jpg and it is the same size anyway ! !
>>
>>I also have a bigger problem . . . all my TIFFs converted from my RAF (Fuji
>>RAW files) show as corrupt. They were fine in version 5 and open fine in PS
>>and PSP . . . looks like a case of "If it ain't broken, break it ! "
>>
>>Oh and one final moan . . . looked at the ACDSee website, called the number
>>for European tech support only to find they can't help . . . have to call
>>USA when they wake up.
>>
>>I'm getting my money back !!

>
>Well, you should be okay getting a refund.
>
>I'm back to using ACDSee 3.11.
>
>Sept 13/04 I submitted a message using their "Technical Support Online
>Form" stating my disappointment upgrading to 6.03 last July10/04.
>
>Not a peep from them yet. Not even an automatic courtesy e-mail
>stating that my complaints were received.
>
>I'll just sent it again. Fingers crossed. <grrrr>
>
>I refuse to phone long distance trying to get a refund. I was 1 month
>past the 30 day limit before I discovered how painfully slow ACDSee 6
>was for viewing my new digital camera pics archived to CD.
>
>2 minutes 20 seconds to build a database before being able to view any
>photos. 1 minute 30 seconds before a slide show begins.
>
>Cdn$54.16 down the drain.
>
>Do I want to upgrade to ACDSee 7.0? Nope!
>
>Not after reading your problems along with many others. Thanks for
>posting.
>
>---end of rant
>
>Hap


Well, excuse me ...

Auto e-mail reply this time. Maybe they didn't get my 1st message.
That can happen.

---clip---

*** This message is automatically generated from an unmonitored e-mail
account. Therefore, replies sent to this email address will not
receive a response. ***

Thank you for your inquiry to ACD Systems Ltd. Customer Support
department.

We have received your message and look forward to assisting you.

---clip---

From reading their forum, ACD Systems does try to stand behind their
products.

Hope we all get our problems resolved without any undue diffculty for
anyone.

Hap

James Addison 10-01-2004 02:29 AM

Re: ACDSee 7
 
Hap Shaughnessy wrote:

> Well, excuse me ...
>
> Auto e-mail reply this time. Maybe they didn't get my 1st message.
> That can happen.
>
> ---clip---
>
> *** This message is automatically generated from an unmonitored e-mail
> account. Therefore, replies sent to this email address will not
> receive a response. ***
>
> Thank you for your inquiry to ACD Systems Ltd. Customer Support
> department.
>
> We have received your message and look forward to assisting you.
>
> ---clip---
>
> From reading their forum, ACD Systems does try to stand behind their
> products.
>
> Hope we all get our problems resolved without any undue diffculty for
> anyone.
>
> Hap


Hap,

We do apologize for any delays customers have been receiving. We've
been doing some server upgrades that have affected response times; not
only that, but as with many companies that release products to the
public, customer support will always get busier around release time.

I realize that people are busy, and may not have time to do so, but I
strongly urge people to post problems they may encounter on our support
forums, which are here: http://forums.acdsystems.com

ACD Systems' developers are monitoring the forums as well as customer
service and technical support.

ACD Systems Homepage: http://www.acdsystems.com
ACD Systems Support: http://forums.acdsystems.com

--
James Addison
http://www.pjsoft.ca

Hap Shaughnessy 10-01-2004 07:22 PM

Re: ACDSee 7
 
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 02:29:27 GMT, James Addison <addi@NOSPAMpjsoft.ca>
wrote:

>Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
>
>> Well, excuse me ...
>>
>> Auto e-mail reply this time. Maybe they didn't get my 1st message.
>> That can happen.
>>
>> ---clip---
>>
>> *** This message is automatically generated from an unmonitored e-mail
>> account. Therefore, replies sent to this email address will not
>> receive a response. ***
>>
>> Thank you for your inquiry to ACD Systems Ltd. Customer Support
>> department.
>>
>> We have received your message and look forward to assisting you.
>>
>> ---clip---
>>
>> From reading their forum, ACD Systems does try to stand behind their
>> products.
>>
>> Hope we all get our problems resolved without any undue diffculty for
>> anyone.
>>
>> Hap

>
>Hap,
>
>We do apologize for any delays customers have been receiving. We've
>been doing some server upgrades that have affected response times; not
>only that, but as with many companies that release products to the
>public, customer support will always get busier around release time.
>
>I realize that people are busy, and may not have time to do so, but I
>strongly urge people to post problems they may encounter on our support
>forums, which are here: http://forums.acdsystems.com
>
>ACD Systems' developers are monitoring the forums as well as customer
>service and technical support.
>
>ACD Systems Homepage: http://www.acdsystems.com
>ACD Systems Support: http://forums.acdsystems.com


I'm all smiles now.

---clip---

I regret there has been so many issues with your purchase of ACDSee
6.0.3. I can definitely start on a refund for your full purchase.
Please confirm.

M------ S-------
Customer Support Department
ACD Systems - The Digital Imaging Company

---clop---

An excellent refund policy even for software past it's 30 days limit.

I'm off to download ACDSee 7.0 trial and see what it can do for me.
Now that I'm happy that refund money may be used for the upgrade to
this latest version.

Thanks James Addison for your support in rec.photo.digital.

Hap

James Addison 10-02-2004 06:28 AM

Re: ACDSee 7
 
Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
>
> An excellent refund policy even for software past it's 30 days limit.
>
> I'm off to download ACDSee 7.0 trial and see what it can do for me.
> Now that I'm happy that refund money may be used for the upgrade to
> this latest version.
>
> Thanks James Addison for your support in rec.photo.digital.
>
> Hap


You are most welcome. I wish I had more time to spend on this newsgroup
to help out and answer questions, but it seems that the best course of
action is to try and redirect people to our support forums (again,
http://forums.acdsystems.com) where more ACD eyes can see the issues.

Now, I'm off to bed, so I can enjoy my weekend, wide awake. I'm going
to try and NOT deal with DP issues until Monday. :)

ACD Systems Homepage: http://www.acdsystems.com
ACD Systems Support: http://forums.acdsystems.com

--
James Addison
http://www.pjsoft.ca


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.