Velocity Reviews

-   -   compact flash card unreadable - how to recover photos? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t405646-compact-flash-card-unreadable-how-to-recover-photos.html)

Cathy 09-24-2004 07:25 PM

compact flash card unreadable - how to recover photos?

Hello,

Please help if you can - my compact flash card stopped working, its no
longer readable by the camera. I sent it into flashfixers.com but they
couldn't read the card either. They sent back the following
assessment:

"The card failed to be recognized as a valid media. It did not
respond to any of the methods we use to access memory cards,
suggesting a total card failure. The card likely has a defective
controller chip, the only option might be to find an equivalent card
and remove and reattach the memory chips. This is a very expensive
process however and results cannot be guaranteed."

I contacted boomerang.com who told me that if they could recover the
photos the price might be in the thousands of dollars.

Are there any alternatives? Thanks in advance!!

Phil Wheeler 09-24-2004 07:27 PM

Re: compact flash card unreadable - how to recover photos?

Likley none -- other than buying a new card.

Phil

Steven Wandy 09-24-2004 09:40 PM

Re: compact flash card unreadable - how to recover photos?

I used a program called PC Inspector File Recovery. I believe the website
was www.convar.de. It worked for me previously but I believe you need a
card reader installed on your PCC. Good Luck

news:84576b39.0409241125.4933311f@posting.google.c om...

Steven Wandy 09-24-2004 09:40 PM

Re: compact flash card unreadable - how to recover photos?

> Likley none -- other than buying a new card.
>
> Phil

I believe she wants to try to recover the photos, not just get the card
working.