Velocity Reviews

-   -   PSP 9 Challenges (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t405498-psp-9-challenges.html)

Dave 09-21-2004 12:51 AM

PSP 9 Challenges

Greetings!
I just attempted my first editing with PSP 9.
I need help.
I opened a 714 Kb file, added text, saved the file.
It grew to over 12 MB!

All I want to do is put a caption on the photo, plus name over the three
people in the picture.

The onboard help file did not provide the answers to my questions.

Does anybody have ideas on what I should do to keep the file to a small
size?

TIA!

-- Dave

Bill Hilton 09-21-2004 01:24 AM

Re: PSP 9 Challenges

>From: "Dave" cleso@hotmail.com
>
>I opened a 714 Kb file, added text, saved the file.
>It grew to over 12 MB!
>
>All I want to do is put a caption on the photo, plus name over the three
>people in the picture.

>Does anybody have ideas on what I should do to keep the file to a small
>size?

Just a guess but you probably opened up a 714 KB jpeg file (which is a
compressed format) and then saved it in a non-compressed format after your
changes.

You should be able to save it as a jpeg and get the size back down ... not a
bad idea to save the non-compressed file too in case you want to tweak some of
your changes too.

Bill

Julian Tan 09-21-2004 04:25 AM

Re: PSP 9 Challenges

Don't write in capital letters. Capital letters take up more space!!

Actually I'm just kidding. What Bill said is probably correct - try to
save again in the same format (JPEG). You can also change the
compression settings under save options.

Jules
------------------
Shuttertalk Forums Member
http://www.shuttertalk.com

Big Bill 09-21-2004 07:32 PM

Re: PSP 9 Challenges

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:51:22 -0700, "Dave" <cleso@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Greetings!
>I just attempted my first editing with PSP 9.
>I need help.
>I opened a 714 Kb file, added text, saved the file.
>It grew to over 12 MB!
>
>All I want to do is put a caption on the photo, plus name over the three
>people in the picture.
>
>The onboard help file did not provide the answers to my questions.
>
>Does anybody have ideas on what I should do to keep the file to a small
>size?
>
>TIA!
>
>-- Dave

Save As a Jpeg file?
What did you Save As?

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

HRosita 09-21-2004 09:41 PM

Re: PSP 9 Challenges

Hi,

If PSP is like Photoshop, text goes on a separate layer. Does PSP have an
option to flatten layers?
Just a guess
Rosita