Velocity Reviews

-   -   Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t405216-questions-about-recording-video-on-a-sony-cyber-shot-dsc-w1-digital-camera.html)

Mike 09-12-2004 11:31 PM

Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

I'm going to buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 digital camera.
How much (time) can I record on a 512MB Memory Stick Pro card?

Can I use the card to store photos or do I need to buy aNother card for
that?

Thanks,

Mike
\

Steven Blackwood 09-13-2004 12:48 AM

Re: Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

Yes, you can use the same card to store photos. Using the Fine setting
(640x480, 30 frames p sec.), you can record about 6 minutes. Using the
STANDARD setting ( 15 fps) you can record about 22 minutes. This assume an
empty card.

Steve

Mike 09-13-2004 12:59 AM

Re: Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

This is good news. Have you used the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1?
Which accesories should I buy?

Mike

Mike 09-13-2004 01:03 AM

Re: Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 iis a 5.1 megapixel camera.
How large an image can I print with good resolution?

Steven Blackwood 09-13-2004 01:14 AM

Re: Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

I actually have no accessories. I bought it has a p&s backup for my Canon
Drebel.

Steven Blackwood 09-13-2004 01:21 AM

Re: Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

A difficult question to answer. Because the sensor is so small, the images
are quite noisy at ISO 200 or 400. They are better at 100 but not as clean
as a DSLR or even the Sony 717 which has the same resolution but a larger
sensor.
Thus, the larger the print, the more interpolation of noisy pixels. I would
say that 8 x10 would be around the largest that you should expect to look
really good. BUT, when think about it, that;s pretty good.

Mike 09-15-2004 03:35 AM

Re: Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

Do you like it as a P&S camera?
Which P&S camera would you buy today?