Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless connection from PC to Mac (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t4048-wireless-connection-from-pc-to-mac.html)

=?Utf-8?B?cmljaw==?= 07-24-2004 03:51 PM

Wireless connection from PC to Mac

I am trying to connect to an existing Macintosh wireless network through an Apple Airport Pro. It says its connected but isnt recieving the IP through dhcp, son cant access printers, internet, etc. anyone have a solution??
thanks

rick 07-26-2004 07:44 PM

Wireless connection from PC to Mac

quick addition here... the computer is a HP Pavillion with
integrated 802.11g wireless.

Natéag 07-26-2004 09:26 PM

Re: Wireless connection from PC to Mac

No solution except that I think you will need special software
to be able to see/read/run MAC apps., files, shortcuts, etc.
Unless, I think, unless you run under Windows 2000 Advanced
Servers.

MAC users can see Windows files.

Jeff 08-18-2004 07:07 PM

Re: Wireless connection from PC to Mac

I have seen Windows machines have trouble like this when connecting to an
unsecure Airport basestation. If you put a password on the airport
basestation, you will need the "network equivalent password" to connect a
windows client to an airport basestation. The password is found using the
Airport Admin software.

If that is not the issue, make sure 802.11x authentication is off on the
windows client and the airport is not set to filter out clients (such as MAC
address filtering.)