Velocity Reviews

-   -   MPLS: DiffServ & TE paths are really required to deploy commercial VoIP over a MPLS network. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t40478-mpls-diffserv-and-te-paths-are-really-required-to-deploy-commercial-voip-over-a-mpls-network.html)

Jimmi 08-16-2005 01:34 PM

MPLS: DiffServ & TE paths are really required to deploy commercial VoIP over a MPLS network.

There's something I'd like to know looking toward successfully
implement commercial VoIP over a MPLS infrastructure.

Supporting IP QoS (DiffServ) across the core backbone and/or MPLS
traffic-engineered paths is really required ?
Consider a whole backbone built with high speed throughput connections,
plenty of bandwidth availability and no periods of congestion!

I do believe TE tunnels (paths) are necessary for quick recovery when a
node or link fails, but rather them assuming something I haven't
experienced yet I'd like to listen from those who really have already
successfully deployed commercial VoIP.

Best regards.

Jimmi.