Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Scam or what? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t404556-re-scam-or-what.html)

Ken Weitzel 08-25-2004 10:12 PM

Re: Scam or what?

Mojtaba wrote:
> I can't get it. Is it scam or is it real? If real it most be stolen!
>
> Mojtaba
>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...836003499&rd=1

Hi...

He's not offering to sell the camera, he's trying to
sell you instructions on how you can cheat someone else
out of one.

One word answer? Scam? Yes.

Ken

Frank 08-26-2004 01:35 AM

Re: Scam or what?

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:12:09 GMT, Ken Weitzel <kweitzel@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>Mojtaba wrote:
>> I can't get it. Is it scam or is it real? If real it most be stolen!
>>
>> Mojtaba
>>

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...836003499&rd=1

>Hi...
>
>He's not offering to sell the camera, he's trying to
>sell you instructions on how you can cheat someone else
>out of one.
>
>One word answer? Scam? Yes.
>
>Ken

Check the "Quantity Available: 0" notation on the eBay notice. That
should tell you something.

leo 08-26-2004 03:27 AM

Re: Scam or what?

"Frank" <somebody@someplace.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:12:09 GMT, Ken Weitzel <kweitzel@shaw.ca>
> wrote:
>

>>Mojtaba wrote:
>>> I can't get it. Is it scam or is it real? If real it most be stolen!
>>>
>>> Mojtaba
>>>

>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...836003499&rd=1

>>Hi...
>>
>>He's not offering to sell the camera, he's trying to
>>sell you instructions on how you can cheat someone else
>>out of one.
>>
>>One word answer? Scam? Yes.
>>
>>Ken

> Check the "Quantity Available: 0" notation on the eBay notice. That
> should tell you something.

Awhile ago, there were a couple of the "items" left. What exactly the scam
is about? Is it a list of people who own the camera so you can work on
stealing it? Just wondering.

DFS 08-26-2004 09:53 PM

Re: Scam or what?

> The problem is, whatever the scam is, there's no way you're getting
> your money back.

and .... there's no way you're going to get the camera - or whatever - for
next to nothing. How these idiots continue to find people gullible enough
to fall for this nonsense amazes me.

Come to think of it, that the original poster found anything about the
auction to be credible enough even to question says something about the old
P.T. Barnum adage.

DS

Mojtaba 08-26-2004 10:39 PM

Re: Scam or what?

wrote:

>He's not offering to sell the camera, he's trying to
>sell you instructions on how you can cheat someone else
>out of one.

Thank you.

Mojtaba

Big Bill 08-27-2004 07:11 PM

Re: Scam or what?

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 03:27:38 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote:

>"Frank" <somebody@someplace.net> wrote in message
>news:ghfqi05dinu48ch36mh5imt4t00997mbdn@4ax.com.. .
>> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:12:09 GMT, Ken Weitzel <kweitzel@shaw.ca>
>> wrote:

>>>Hi...
>>>
>>>He's not offering to sell the camera, he's trying to
>>>sell you instructions on how you can cheat someone else
>>>out of one.
>>>
>>>One word answer? Scam? Yes.
>>>
>>>Ken

>> Check the "Quantity Available: 0" notation on the eBay notice. That
>> should tell you something.

>Awhile ago, there were a couple of the "items" left. What exactly the scam
>is about? Is it a list of people who own the camera so you can work on
>stealing it? Just wondering.

There are many types of scam this could be; he could simply tell you
to steal it. Is this illegal (his telling you to steal it)? No.
It could be a program telling you how to get product samples by
setting yourself up as a product reviewer.

The problem is, whatever the scam is, there's no way you're getting
your money back.

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"