Velocity Reviews

-   -   alienware m51 laptop (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t404166-alienware-m51-laptop.html)

unity_ 12-23-2006 11:32 PM

alienware m51 laptop

I have an alienware m51 laptop, it has red and blue squiggly lines
running across the lcd screen, if I tap ontop of the case above the
keyboard they go away momentarily, I 1st thought it was a loose cable
so I reseated all of them. Then I thought it may be the invertor for
the lcd screen, took it out examined under a magnifined glass, and
nothing, also researted those cables again, the only other thing I can
suggest is there is a circuit either not grounding or a loose cicuit
that is connected with the video card btw its a readon 9000...has
anyone else had this problem or a similar one, as I know solidstate
somewhate, but if I could narrow down on the board where to look it
would be very helpful, thanks.

unity

Baron 12-24-2006 01:54 PM

Re: alienware m51 laptop

unity_ wrote:

> I have an alienware m51 laptop, it has red and blue squiggly lines
> running across the lcd screen, if I tap ontop of the case above the
> keyboard they go away momentarily, I 1st thought it was a loose
> cable
> so I reseated all of them. Then I thought it may be the invertor
> for the lcd screen, took it out examined under a magnifined glass,
> and nothing, also researted those cables again, the only other thing
> I can suggest is there is a circuit either not grounding or a loose
> cicuit that is connected with the video card btw its a readon
> 9000...has anyone else had this problem or a similar one, as I know
> solidstate somewhate, but if I could narrow down on the board where
> to look it would be very helpful, thanks.
>
> unity

Start looking for dry joints in the driver IC's around the screen
itself !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

unity_ 12-24-2006 02:34 PM

Re: alienware m51 laptop

it my be early and I dont understand your acronyms or I may never will
can you explain what IC is internel casing? I have no idea...thanks

unity_ 12-24-2006 02:34 PM

Re: alienware m51 laptop

Baron 12-24-2006 07:02 PM

Re: alienware m51 laptop

unity_ wrote:

> it my be early and I dont understand your acronyms or I may never
> will can you explain what IC is internel casing? I have no
> idea...thanks Baron wrote:
>> unity_ wrote:
>>
>> > I have an alienware m51 laptop, it has red and blue squiggly
>> > lines running across the lcd screen, if I tap ontop of the case
>> > above the keyboard they go away momentarily, I 1st thought it was
>> > a loose cable
>> > so I reseated all of them. Then I thought it may be the invertor
>> > for the lcd screen, took it out examined under a magnifined
>> > glass, and nothing, also researted those cables again, the only
>> > other thing I can suggest is there is a circuit either not
>> > grounding or a loose cicuit that is connected with the video card
>> > btw its a readon 9000...has anyone else had this problem or a
>> > similar one, as I know solidstate somewhate, but if I could
>> > narrow down on the board where to look it would be very helpful,
>> > thanks.
>> >
>> > unity

>> Start looking for dry joints in the driver IC's around the screen
>> itself !
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards:
>> Baron.