Velocity Reviews

-   -   SP2 and Windows Installer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t403976-sp2-and-windows-installer.html)

Budgie 11-18-2006 08:52 AM

SP2 and Windows Installer

Just installed SP2 on my Windows XP Home computer.

When computer is turned on, all seems to be loading ok, but a "Windows
Installer" box appears with the message "preparing to install" - the only
option being a Cancel button. It doesn't seem to affect the loading, and
goes away eventually with no apparent ill-effects.

Using Ctrl-Alt-Delete just shows "Windows Installer" as a Task, with no
clues as to what it is trying to install.

I don't wish to slow down loading - any ideas what this is?

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Brian 11-18-2006 01:09 PM

Re: SP2 and Windows Installer

You may not have gotten SP2 completely installed, try uninstallilng it and
reinstalling it to see if that makes the installer window go away. SP2 will
be listed under add/remove programs in Control Panel