Velocity Reviews

-   -   worth updating to IE 7? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t403527-worth-updating-to-ie-7-a.html)

Chris 08-19-2006 09:12 PM

worth updating to IE 7?

I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

Duane Arnold 08-20-2006 01:06 AM

Re: worth updating to IE 7?

Chris wrote:
> I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
> it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

Someone want to explain why someone would rush to use beta software? I
never have understood this mentality.

Duane :)

Timo van Dort 08-20-2006 01:55 AM

Re: worth updating to IE 7?

Duane Arnold schreef:
> Someone want to explain why someone would rush to use beta software? I
> never have understood this mentality.

a developer would be very interested in a new version. A lot of
companies have their CRM applications running through the internet
browser ;)

for personal use at home it's better to wait until the new browser is
released.

Plato 08-20-2006 04:11 AM

Re: worth updating to IE 7?

Chris wrote:

> I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
> it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

I always install anything Microsoft BETA. That assures me of a perfectly
operating pc as we all know all MS BETA ware is 100% perfectly reliable.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Duane Arnold 08-20-2006 04:29 AM

Re: worth updating to IE 7?

Timo van Dort wrote:
> Duane Arnold schreef:
>
>> Someone want to explain why someone would rush to use beta software? I
>> never have understood this mentality.

> a developer would be very interested in a new version. A lot of
> companies have their CRM applications running through the internet
> browser ;)

From a WEB developer standpoint which I do that with .NET solutions, I
understand that and that needs to be done in some cases.

> for personal use at home it's better to wait until the new browser is
> released.

I agree.

Duane :)

Win16Rules 08-21-2006 01:04 AM

Re: worth updating to IE 7?

Chris wrote in message ...
>I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
>it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

I'm still using IE 4 and it works great.

Travis 08-21-2006 09:25 PM

Re: worth updating to IE 7?

Depends if you want to or not. I did, it works great, hardly ever crashes
even if it's beta. It's reliable too, phishing filter prevents you from
having your PayPal/eBay account from getting stolen, and even a warning page
where it says if the site is malicious or has malicious content. Plus tabs
very easy to close and create. And a web RSS reader is great.

Security is much better too. My Dell (2.5Ghz, laptop) seems a little, just a
little slow on opening tabs.

And, Internet Explorer 6 is very fast, I wish IE 6 would have rss, tabs, and
privacy featuers like 7.