Velocity Reviews

-   -   SONY VAIO PCV-RS 420 WILL NOT BOOT (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t403473-sony-vaio-pcv-rs-420-will-not-boot.html)

Bobby 08-07-2006 11:29 PM

SONY VAIO PCV-RS 420 WILL NOT BOOT

The system hangs on the "SONY" logo. No BIOS or hard drive activity.
I have gone through all of the basic troubleshooting steps but still
the same result. I am aware of the bad memory circuits with the VAIO
laptops, is there something also wrong with the VAIO motherboards
memory connection that I might not be aware of?

Thanks in advance!
Bobby

bmoag 08-08-2006 12:30 AM

Re: SONY VAIO PCV-RS 420 WILL NOT BOOT

Laptops are more difficult to troubleshoot than desktops.
I had a similar proble with a Dell laptop recently. What had happened was
that the screw that retained the hard-drive module had somehow fallen out
and the hard drive contacts were not firmly seated in the laptop base.
Just a thought.