Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dual Core Conroe Machine or wait? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t403416-dual-core-conroe-machine-or-wait.html)

Simpledog 07-29-2006 02:00 AM

Dual Core Conroe Machine or wait?

Currently P4/3.4ghz 2gig DDR, 6800GS, Seagate SataII 250.

Upsize, or wait for Vista?

atec77 07-29-2006 02:47 AM

Re: Dual Core Conroe Machine or wait?

Simpledog wrote:
> Currently P4/3.4ghz 2gig DDR, 6800GS, Seagate SataII 250.
>
> Upsize, or wait for Vista?

Wait.. the beta's still run poorly

Ernie Werbel 07-30-2006 11:50 PM

"Simpledog" <simpledog@verizon.not> wrote in message
> Currently P4/3.4ghz 2gig DDR, 6800GS, Seagate SataII 250.
>
> Upsize, or wait for Vista?

If you get Vista you will invariable need to upsize anyway. It is
indicative with any new OS, which is why I still use Windows for Workgroups
3.11 on most of my computers.

It sounds like you have a kickass system I must say. The processor I should
think would be sufficient for a while. If you are doing heavy gaming you
might want to think about getting a Pentium Core in the future. 2GB RAM is
probably more than you will need for a long while. 6800GS (I adume an
nVIDIA GeForce?) is a good card, and you're right up there with your hard
disk.