Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dell Dimension 3000 screen problems (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t403093-dell-dimension-3000-screen-problems.html)

acra24 05-22-2006 09:22 PM

Dell Dimension 3000 screen problems

Good evening,

I have a Dell Dimension 3000, with a flat panel monitor. I have
installed an NVIDIA GEForce FX5500 graphics card and disabled the
on-baord graphics. Everything was fine for a while but recently when I
start my computer up the screen remains in standby mode. Nothing I do
wil get it to come on. I have to reboot the machine several times to
get it to switch on. It can happen a lot and then the problem seems to
go away for a while and then come back. I'[ve tried tinkering with the
power saving settings but all to no avail.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

Acra24