Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do you save Mozilla mail settings? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t402987-how-do-you-save-mozilla-mail-settings.html)

Mike 05-01-2006 01:08 AM

How do you save Mozilla mail settings?

Hello,

I need to erase my hard drive and re-install Mozilla mail. How can I
save all my Mozilla mail settings? Then I will install a new operating
system (OS 10.4) and then re-install Mozilla and then import my old
settings. Where is there a place in Mozilla where I could save my
settings so that I don't have to write them all down and re-set it all
up again. There must be an easy and fast way to do this. Thanks for any
advice.

(I am using Mozilla Suite 1.3.1 on my mac running OS 9.2. I will be
later installing Mozilla onto OS 10.4)

--
Mike

Ian Ozenthroat 05-01-2006 12:33 PM

Re: How do you save Mozilla mail settings?

Mike wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to erase my hard drive and re-install Mozilla mail. How can I
> save all my Mozilla mail settings? Then I will install a new operating
> system (OS 10.4) and then re-install Mozilla and then import my old
> settings. Where is there a place in Mozilla where I could save my
> settings so that I don't have to write them all down and re-set it all
> up again. There must be an easy and fast way to do this. Thanks for any
> advice.
>
> (I am using Mozilla Suite 1.3.1 on my mac running OS 9.2. I will be
> later installing Mozilla onto OS 10.4)

Save everything from this location
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\PROFILENAME.DEFAULT

Install TB onto new PC and copy the above to new PC in exact same place

Mike 05-06-2006 10:33 AM

Re: How do you save Mozilla mail settings?

Thanks Ian,

I see on the Thunderbird website there is a note that Thunderbird easily
migrates:

http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/faq#q2.2

I will give this a try. It certainly should make it easy.

Thanks Ian