Velocity Reviews

-   -   Difference between H.264 and xVID (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t402923-difference-between-h-264-and-xvid.html)

ivan 04-14-2006 06:03 AM

Difference between H.264 and xVID

Some peopel want to know the tiny difference between H.264 and xVID,
then i took some time to compare this two encode, i wish you can know
more about them after finishing my report. You can get more info from
here
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/
Also you can discuss for more in this forum, there are more info about
video and audio
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/index.php

Now, let's begin my report, below are the conversion static, you can
look the tiny difference from the picture.

XviD
Encoding options
Source: Finding Nemo DVD-R
Encoder: Mencoder (GUI = D-Vision 3.1.1)
Codec: xvid
Pass: 2-pass
Quality(D-Vision): Best
Bitrate: 839 kbit/sec (102 min will fit 700 MB CD)
Resolution: 740x400
FPS: 29.97
Runtime: 4:00 min
Audio encoding options: Mp3 128 kbit/sec CBR Stereo
Time to encode: 6 min

x264
Encoding options
Source: Finding Nemo DVD-R
Encoder: Mencoder (GUI = D-Vision 3.1.1)
Codec: x264
Pass: 2-pass
Quality(D-Vision): Best
Bitrate: 839 kbit/sec (102 min will fit 700 MB CD)
Resolution: 740x400
FPS: 29.97
Runtime: 4:00 min
Audio encoding options: Mp3 128 kbit/sec CBR Stereo
Time to encode: 27 min

Cause google groug can not post picture, then i post the pictures link
here, you can know more tiny difference from the compare picture:

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-01.jpg

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-02.jpg

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-03.jpg

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-04.jpg

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-05.jpg

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-06.jpg

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-07.jpg

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-08.jpg

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-09.jpg

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-10.jpg

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-11.jpg

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum...4vsxVID-12.jpg

Finish this report, did you know more about this two encode?
If you want to know more about it , visit this website
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/
I wish my report will help you, welcome to post on other forum.