Velocity Reviews

-   -   USB Flash Memory Stick <-> USB External Hard Drive Conflict (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t402842-usb-flash-memory-stick-usb-external-hard-drive-conflict.html)

Eli Coten 03-30-2006 08:28 PM

USB Flash Memory Stick <-> USB External Hard Drive Conflict

Hi,

I have just got a new USB hard drive. The drive works great, but it
conflicts with my USB Flash memory stick. I can plug either device in by
itself, but if I have them both plugged in together then the one I plug
in second doesn't work. Windows says "USB Device Not Recognised" and an
"Unknown Device" shows up in device manager.

This occurs regardless of which one was plugged in first, it is always
the one that was there first keeps working and the one that was plug in
afterwards fails to initialise. I don't know how to fix this and I
really would like to be able to use them both at the same time. Any ideas?

Eli