Velocity Reviews

-   -   Info about driver NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t402794-info-about-driver-nvidia-geforce4-mx-440-with-agp8x.html)

Fogar 03-21-2006 09:38 PM

Info about driver NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X

Hi, I use NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X and mmy driver is v.
6.6.9.3
Now I'd like to update the driver. I know there is a new driver, it is
v. 84.21
I am afraid this new driver will slow down (a little bit) the PC
performance.
Is it true?
Do you have this experience?
Thanks

Brian 03-26-2006 06:57 PM

Re: Info about driver NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X

you could always revert back to the old driver if the new one is not to your
liking. I'd say try it to see how it works. I had that card previously in my
machine but upgraded to the GeForce FX5500.
I don't remember what the last driver version I tried was though for the
MX400 . I think it was 81.98. I know it was the latest at the time (Jan 06
time frame).
I just downloaded that driver and I will install it and let you know

Brian 03-26-2006 07:22 PM

Re: Info about driver NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X

ok downloaded and installed the driver (same for FX5500 as MX440) and it
passed all the tests as well as game play. it seems to be just fine. I did
not notice any slowdown on my system. Hope that helps