Velocity Reviews

-   -   PCDiag Lite (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t402397-pcdiag-lite.html)

Shawn@gobrainstorm.net 01-12-2006 09:58 PM

PCDiag Lite

Hi.
I downloaded and tested my machines with this.
It says I have no problems.

Anybody have an opinion on how reliable this software is?

Thanks
Shawn

Erick 01-13-2006 01:12 AM

Re: PCDiag Lite

Completely UNreliable. One should check online for spyware complaints about
software.

Others to avoid (like the plague):
WinFixer
SpyAxe
SpySpotter
SpywareNuker

news:1137103137.380298.91580@g14g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...

Shawn@gobrainstorm.net 01-13-2006 02:45 AM

Re: PCDiag Lite

OK so where do I check online for spyware complaints.
I downloaded it, ran it and then ran Spybot and it showed no spyware.

Shawn

Erick 01-13-2006 03:22 AM

Re: PCDiag Lite

First off, my apologies. Got that title mixed up with another similar title.

Second, the easiest way to search for spyware related problems and a
particular program is to go to google and enter the program name followed by
"spyware", "adware" or "malware". (ie: "winfixer malware" which brings up
the results: http://www.google.com/search?q=winfi...re&btnG=Search)

news:1137120356.639606.103800@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...

Plato 01-13-2006 06:06 AM

Re: PCDiag Lite

Shawn@gobrainstorm.net wrote:

> I downloaded and tested my machines with this.
> It says I have no problems.
>
> Anybody have an opinion on how reliable this software is?

No ware can tell you reliably if you have a problem or not.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

bambam 01-13-2006 09:29 AM

Re: PCDiag Lite

"Shawn@gobrainstorm.net" <Shawn@gobrainstorm.net> wrote in
news:1137120356.639606.103800@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com:

> OK so where do I check online for spyware complaints.
> I downloaded it, ran it and then ran Spybot and it showed no spyware.

Here is a good list-

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_...e.htm#products

bambam 01-13-2006 10:22 AM

Re: PCDiag Lite

bambam <97hk66302@sneakemail.com> wrote in
news:Xns974AE4B4C630F97hk66302sneakemailc@127.0.0. 1:

> "Shawn@gobrainstorm.net" <Shawn@gobrainstorm.net> wrote in
> news:1137120356.639606.103800@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com:
>
>> OK so where do I check online for spyware complaints.
>> I downloaded it, ran it and then ran Spybot and it showed no spyware.

> Here is a good list-
>
> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_...e.htm#products

Sorry, that is not really what you were after, is it.

ab04 01-13-2006 06:40 PM

Re: PCDiag Lite

Spybot has been dropped from reviews in PC Magazine and similar more
than a year ago, due to its inability to detect and especially prevent
spyware.

Erick 01-14-2006 04:28 AM

Re: PCDiag Lite

Which is why one should never rely on just one anti-spyware program.

news:1137177652.376141.247840@g49g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...

Plato 01-14-2006 06:49 AM

Re: PCDiag Lite

Erick wrote:

> Which is why one should never rely on just one anti-spyware program.

Agreed. Same with anti-virus.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/