Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help Can't access Internet facilities (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t401890-help-cant-access-internet-facilities.html)

n@talie 10-01-2005 05:39 PM

Help Can't access Internet facilities

Hope someone can help me Im going demented.

I have a new laptop at work it has a proxy server setting.
At home I set it to

Automatically detect settings and I remove the proxy setting.

This is allows me to browse and use email using my wireless broadband
connection.

Its a good speed, however I can not use any software that requires a
connection to the internet.

eg. Itunes music store, gracenote, avantgo can not be accessed.

I have looked at everthing what am I missing.#

I have removed my firewall and have run out of ideas.

Kind Regards

natalie

Brian 10-04-2005 12:59 AM

Re: Help Can't access Internet facilities

make sure you use direct connect to internet not lan setup as it seems you
may have with a work computer. Cant really tell with the info given but it
sounds like that may be your problem...what message do you get when you say
you cant access those programs?