Velocity Reviews

-   -   Internet options resets it's self (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t401868-internet-options-resets-its-self.html)

Gabbyguy 09-22-2005 12:39 AM

Internet options resets it's self

What causes the sign-on screen to pop up from time to time?
I have disabled all programs that try to call home. Didn't help.

What causes "Tools\Internet Options\Connections" to change it's settings?
I need it set to "Always Dial My Default Connection" It resets it's self to
"Never Dial A Connection." Programs like Mailwasher Pro will not dial
any connections with this setting. This happens often enough to be a pain.

I have run every Anti Virus, Adware and Spyware program I can find. None of
them find anything wrong.

WinMe. Gateway GP6-400, 500 megahertz Intel Pentium III, 320 Megabytes
Installed Memory

I will appreciate any advise.

------------------------
Wake Up America

HF 09-22-2005 02:53 PM

Re: Internet options resets it's self

Have you ever thought to tick the box which says 'Connect automatically'
news:93nYe.1924$vw6.506@newsread1.news.atl.earthli nk.net...

Gabbyguy 09-22-2005 07:49 PM

Re: Internet options resets it's self

> Have you ever thought to tick the box which says 'Connect automatically'
I have, only to find the computer connects to the Net every time the sign-on
screen pops up.
The only setting that works right is "Never Dial A Connection." Even with
this setting
the program keeps resetting it's self.

------------------------
Wake Up America

Able Mable 09-30-2005 02:56 PM

news:QUDYe.2385$vw6.713@newsread1.news.atl.earthli nk.net...
>> Have you ever thought to tick the box which says 'Connect automatically'

> I have, only to find the computer connects to the Net every time the
> sign-on
> screen pops up.
> The only setting that works right is "Never Dial A Connection." Even with
> this setting
> the program keeps resetting it's self.

Spyware scan would be a start.

Gabbyguy 09-30-2005 08:33 PM

Re: Internet options resets it's self

Thanx for your input, Able Mable.
Been there, done that. No help.

---------------------------
Wake Up America

Brian 10-01-2005 12:58 AM

Re: Internet options resets it's self

Sounds like you have conflicting info here. You want the setting to be on
always dial default check the automatically connect but then you wonder why
it connects when you bring up the sign in window?....so you change it to
never dial and think that the settings are being reset when in fact you have
changed it yourself....following the thread this is what it seems like to
me. if this is not the case please repost what you desire to resolve the
confusion..otherwise it seems that it is working like you are asking it to.