Velocity Reviews

-   -   removing 169.x.x.x address (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t401828-removing-169-x-x-x-address.html)

CranduNy 09-11-2005 03:27 PM

removing 169.x.x.x address

I have this pc that set to the 169.x.x.x address and won't release. I've
uninstalled the adapter, removed winsock, reset the modem, router, connected
str8 to the modem and can't seem to reset. When I try the repair option on
the properties box, it says it cannot renew the ip address. I'm kinda
stumped and appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Duane Arnold 09-11-2005 03:41 PM

Re: removing 169.x.x.x address

"CranduNy" <cranduny@nyc.rr.com> wrote in

> I have this pc that set to the 169.x.x.x address and won't release.
> I've uninstalled the adapter, removed winsock, reset the modem,
> router, connected str8 to the modem and can't seem to reset. When I
> try the repair option on the properties box, it says it cannot renew
> the ip address. I'm kinda stumped and appreciate any suggestions,
> thanks.

You do know what the 169 IP is about don't you? What O/S is it that you did
something with Winsock and how did you remove it or did you
reinstall/initialize it?

And have you tried IPconfig /release and IPconfig /renew yet?

Duane :)

Jim Berwick 09-12-2005 07:10 AM

Re: removing 169.x.x.x address

"CranduNy" <cranduny@nyc.rr.com> wrote in

> str8 to the modem and can't seem to reset. When I try the repair
> option on the properties box, it says it cannot renew the ip address.
> I'm kinda stumped and appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Reinstall TCP/IP

CranduNy 09-12-2005 02:46 PM

Re: removing 169.x.x.x address

thanks, I actually found a repair utility which fixed the problem.
Appreciate all the help.