Velocity Reviews

-   -   POP3 email programs? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t401610-pop3-email-programs.html)

Anon 07-24-2005 04:10 AM

POP3 email programs?

For non-web-based POP3 email, what email programs is everyone using? I'm
still using the Messenger program from Netscape 4.8 for regular emails,
since it is fast and easy to back up and restore, and also supports
newsgroups. Has anyone used this before and found something better
overall? Thanks.

pcbutts1 07-24-2005 09:39 AM

Re: POP3 email programs?

Anon, <no@spam.com> wrote:

> For non-web-based POP3 email, what email programs is everyone using?

Name them. All of them.

> I'm still using the Messenger program from Netscape 4.8 for regular
> emails, since it is fast and easy to back up and restore, and also
> supports newsgroups.

Get rid of SP2.

> Has anyone used this before and found something better overall?

How much better?

> Thanks.

Thank goodness.

WebWalker 07-25-2005 04:45 PM

Re: POP3 email programs?

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 04:10:55 GMT, Anon <no@spam.com> wrote:

>For non-web-based POP3 email, what email programs is everyone using? I'm
>still using the Messenger program from Netscape 4.8 for regular emails,
>since it is fast and easy to back up and restore, and also supports
>newsgroups. Has anyone used this before and found something better
>overall? Thanks.

You should try Mozilla's ThunderBird.

--
WebWalker

Ken 07-26-2005 09:07 AM

Re: POP3 email programs?

tzar 07-26-2005 01:05 PM

Re: POP3 email programs?

Outlook Express + Gmail

Anon 07-27-2005 05:42 PM

Re: POP3 email programs?

Ken wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:45:26 +0800, WebWalker <webwalker@no-email.com>
>wrote:
>

>>You should try Mozilla's ThunderBird.
>>

>http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Great, that's just what I wanted. Thanks to you both!

Max Wachtel 07-28-2005 04:48 AM

Re: POP3 email programs?

Anon <no@spam.com> wrote in news:nIPFe.139064$HI.22109@edtnps84:

> Ken wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:45:26 +0800, WebWalker
>><webwalker@no-email.com> wrote:
>>
>>>You should try Mozilla's ThunderBird.

>>http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

> Great, that's just what I wanted. Thanks to you both!

And there are extentions to get yahoo and hotmail in TB.
Works great!
-max
--
"VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
Infections, Spyware, Trojans and Adware. -PanHandler

Anon 07-28-2005 04:09 PM

Re: POP3 email programs?

Max Wachtel wrote:

> And there are extentions to get yahoo and hotmail in TB.
> Works great!

That sounds great, although the site seems to be down now:
http://webmail.mozdev.org/setup.html

Max Wachtel 07-28-2005 09:16 PM

Re: POP3 email programs?

Anon <no@spam.com> wrote in news:42E90343.46DC2A3B@spam.com:

> Max Wachtel wrote:
>
>> And there are extentions to get yahoo and hotmail in TB.
>> Works great!

> That sounds great, although the site seems to be down now:
> http://webmail.mozdev.org/setup.html

It is up now
http://webmail.mozdev.org/installation.html
-max