Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Information (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f41-computer-information.html)
-   -   XP Password issue (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t401602-xp-password-issue.html)

Mitch 07-23-2005 07:54 PM

XP Password issue
 
Hello all,
I slaved my dead laptop's hd to my desktop pc. When I try to get into my
documents and other programs, I get an "access denied". I can get into my
wife's profile (no pw). Is there anyway I can remove the PW on the slaved
drive?
Many thanks in advance.
Mitchell



John Holmes 07-23-2005 10:16 PM

Re: XP Password issue
 
Mitch blabbered in alt.computer:

> Hello all,
> I slaved my dead laptop's hd to my desktop pc. When I try to get into
> my documents and other programs, I get an "access denied". I can get
> into my wife's profile (no pw). Is there anyway I can remove the PW
> on the slaved drive?


No, but you can take ownership when logged in as administrator.

> Many thanks in advance.
> Mitchell
>
>
>


GFIA

--
Your mother was a homophobic chemist who gave correspondence courses with
a group of train spotters.

Mitch 07-23-2005 11:44 PM

Re: XP Password issue
 
I don't think I can actually log in because I'm just in Windows Explorer.
Thanks, Mitchell
"John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
news:20050723221657.83115459E1@smtp4.wanadoo.nl...
> Mitch blabbered in alt.computer:
>
> > Hello all,
> > I slaved my dead laptop's hd to my desktop pc. When I try to get into
> > my documents and other programs, I get an "access denied". I can get
> > into my wife's profile (no pw). Is there anyway I can remove the PW
> > on the slaved drive?

>
> No, but you can take ownership when logged in as administrator.
>
> > Many thanks in advance.
> > Mitchell
> >
> >
> >

>
> GFIA
>
> --
> Your mother was a homophobic chemist who gave correspondence courses with
> a group of train spotters.




John Holmes 07-24-2005 11:33 AM

Re: XP Password issue
 
Mitch blabbered in alt.computer:

> I don't think I can actually log in because I'm just in Windows
> Explorer. Thanks, Mitchell
> "John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
> news:20050723221657.83115459E1@smtp4.wanadoo.nl...
>> Mitch blabbered in alt.computer:
>>
>> > Hello all,
>> > I slaved my dead laptop's hd to my desktop pc. When I try to get
>> > into my documents and other programs, I get an "access denied". I
>> > can get into my wife's profile (no pw). Is there anyway I can
>> > remove the PW on the slaved drive?

>>
>> No, but you can take ownership when logged in as administrator.
>>
>> > Many thanks in advance.
>> > Mitchell
>> >
>> >
>> >

>>
>> GFIA
>>
>> --
>> Your mother was a homophobic chemist who gave correspondence courses
>> with a group of train spotters.

>
>


Look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...308421&sd=tech

and here:
http://www.winxptutor.com/ownership.htm

That should help you out.

--
Your mother was a disgusting belly dancer who used to download pornographic
material in a cave.

Mitch 07-24-2005 03:14 PM

Re: XP Password issue
 
Thanks! I'll check it out.
"John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
news:20050724113338.9CDF445C29@smtp4.wanadoo.nl...
> Mitch blabbered in alt.computer:
>
> > I don't think I can actually log in because I'm just in Windows
> > Explorer. Thanks, Mitchell
> > "John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
> > news:20050723221657.83115459E1@smtp4.wanadoo.nl...
> >> Mitch blabbered in alt.computer:
> >>
> >> > Hello all,
> >> > I slaved my dead laptop's hd to my desktop pc. When I try to get
> >> > into my documents and other programs, I get an "access denied". I
> >> > can get into my wife's profile (no pw). Is there anyway I can
> >> > remove the PW on the slaved drive?
> >>
> >> No, but you can take ownership when logged in as administrator.
> >>
> >> > Many thanks in advance.
> >> > Mitchell
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >> GFIA
> >>
> >> --
> >> Your mother was a homophobic chemist who gave correspondence courses
> >> with a group of train spotters.

> >
> >

>
> Look here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...308421&sd=tech
>
> and here:
> http://www.winxptutor.com/ownership.htm
>
> That should help you out.
>
> --
> Your mother was a disgusting belly dancer who used to download

pornographic
> material in a cave.





All times are GMT. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.