Velocity Reviews

-   -   Network Printing Problems, please help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t401534-network-printing-problems-please-help.html)

msaesxh 07-13-2005 11:21 PM

Network Printing Problems, please help

Alrite so I got an Hp Laserjet 4000t and instead of having a print
server, we decided we wanted to free up the print server computer and
directly connect the printer to the internet. I did this, then then
tried to add a new printer as a local printer and as a port I used the
ip of the printer and finished up set up and a test page wouldn't print
or anything else I tried to send to it. Err this is aggravating. Any
thoughts? Thanks alot.

Duane Arnold 07-14-2005 12:00 AM

Re: Network Printing Problems, please help

msaesxh wrote:

> Alrite so I got an Hp Laserjet 4000t and instead of having a print
> server, we decided we wanted to free up the print server computer and
> directly connect the printer to the internet.

How is it that you somehow set-up the printer to access the Internet? I
think you mean LAN don't you?

> I did this, then then
> tried to add a new printer as a local printer and as a port I used the
> ip of the printer and finished up set up and a test page wouldn't print
> or anything else I tried to send to it. Err this is aggravating. Any
> thoughts? Thanks alot.

My suggestion would be to contact the printer's Tech Support to help you
set-up the printer so that it will be a network printer on the LAN.

Duane :)

msaesxh 07-14-2005 12:11 AM

Re: Network Printing Problems, please help

Nah cause thats what we were doing before, we don't want to have to use
a print server. Anyway I called hp and if I want tech support I need to
pay 40 bucks. Ha screw that.

Duane Arnold 07-14-2005 12:32 AM

msaesxh wrote:

> Nah cause thats what we were doing before, we don't want to have to use
> a print server. Anyway I called hp and if I want tech support I need to
> pay 40 bucks. Ha screw that.

What? You have a brand new out the box printer that doesn't have a limited
time period free support? I find that hard to believe. In addition to that,
you spend at least a couple 100 dollars for the printer, but you cannot
spend the $40 to hook it up and use it like you want -- oh well.

Duane :)

msaesxh 07-14-2005 12:40 AM

Re: Network Printing Problems, please help

Oh no its not new, its old, but we are redoing how the printers are set
up.

Duane Arnold 07-14-2005 01:06 AM

msaesxh wrote:

> Oh no its not new, its old, but we are redoing how the printers are set
> up.

Oh, so this is for a company and no one there knows how to do it. And the
compnay cannot drop the chicken fee $40 and a person cannot be found that
knows how to do it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...um&btnG=Search

Duane :)

Seth 07-15-2005 08:58 AM

Re: Network Printing Problems, please help

Yeh hi Buddy
Theres a great computer support website if noone can seem to help ya, it is
http://computerchatcommunity.bigpondhosting.com last time i checked,
They are free and have great services

Thanks,
Seth