Velocity Reviews

-   -   Video Card 6600GT (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t401362-video-card-6600gt.html)

JayJay 06-18-2005 12:18 AM

Video Card 6600GT

Recently purchased a new video card (Colorful 6600GT) and after
installing the card noticed that the fan wasn't running. Shut down,
and reset the card into the AGP slot and tried again, still no joy.
The card has a 4-pin power connector which was connected to the PSU
via a spare molex connector.
Sent the card back to the supplier, who has tested the card and states
that there is no problem with the card, and is sending it back to me.

Does a 6600GT card need the extra 4-pin connector for the fan to run,
or should the fan run when just fitted into the AGP slot?
I've tested the 4-pin connector with a multi-meter and it shows 12v.

Motherboard fitted is a Soltek SL-75MRN with on-board video and bios
set for "Init Display First Onboard/AGP". Previous to installing the
new card I used the on-board video (no card was installed into the AGP
slot).

Any help would be much appreciated.

RBM 06-18-2005 12:35 AM

Re: Video Card 6600GT

If your bios setting is onboard/agp I think it's backwards and should read
AGP/onboard
news:1maurt4k9scvn.17ma24xutlu2s$.dlg@40tude.net.. .

JayJay 06-18-2005 01:55 AM

Re: Video Card 6600GT

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:35:05 -0400, RBM wrote:

>> Recently purchased a new video card (Colorful 6600GT) and after
>> installing the card noticed that the fan wasn't running. Shut down,
>> and reset the card into the AGP slot and tried again, still no joy.
>> The card has a 4-pin power connector which was connected to the PSU
>> via a spare molex connector.
>> Sent the card back to the supplier, who has tested the card and states
>> that there is no problem with the card, and is sending it back to me.
>>
>> Does a 6600GT card need the extra 4-pin connector for the fan to run,
>> or should the fan run when just fitted into the AGP slot?
>> I've tested the 4-pin connector with a multi-meter and it shows 12v.
>>
>> Motherboard fitted is a Soltek SL-75MRN with on-board video and bios
>> set for "Init Display First Onboard/AGP". Previous to installing the
>> new card I used the on-board video (no card was installed into the AGP
>> slot).
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated.

> If your bios setting is onboard/agp I think it's backwards and should read
> AGP/onboard
> "JayJay" <jayjay@jayjaynospam.invalid> wrote in message
> news:1maurt4k9scvn.17ma24xutlu2s$.dlg@40tude.net.. .

The bios has only two options, they are "Onboard/AGP or PCI Slot"
there is no way to change "Onboard/AGP" to "AGP/Onboard".

My understanding of this is that if the monitor cable was fitted to
the VGA of the on-board video, the on-board would be used. If the
cable was fitted onto the card VGA connector the AGP would be
selected.