Velocity Reviews

-   -   HP Recovery DVD is screwed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t401234-hp-recovery-dvd-is-screwed.html)

Johnno 05-31-2005 03:45 PM

HP Recovery DVD is screwed

When i purchased my HP pavilion it gave me a menu option to backup my system
to a recovery DVD, i did this only to find at a later date...now, that the
DVD is screwed. How can i get the recovery creation option back...any help
appreciated

me 06-01-2005 05:55 AM

Re: HP Recovery DVD is screwed

"Johnno" <Johnno@deadbeats.com> wrote in message
> When i purchased my HP pavilion it gave me a menu option to backup my
> system
> to a recovery DVD, i did this only to find at a later date...now, that the
> DVD is screwed. How can i get the recovery creation option back...any help
> appreciated

How screwed is the disc? Is it actually broken/cracked ? If not,you may be
able to recover the info from it using ISO buster,and burn it to a new disc.
http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

YourNameHere 06-15-2005 05:09 AM

Re: HP Recovery DVD is screwed

HP will sell you another one for cheap. The option is always there if
you don't have any success trying to repair/recreate it yourself.

Big Black 06-18-2005 05:25 AM

Re: HP Recovery DVD is screwed

Here is an HP recovery/reboot disk horror story:: I have an HP Pavillion,
which, i can't complain about, it gave me a few years of great service until
I upgraded and passed it on to my kids. When I gave it to them, I decided to
reformat/reboot the machine and guess what? The reboot/reformat disks that
come with it? Wel;l, they had a virus on it. I checked a few sources and
found out that it was a common thing for the E744 disks to have a virus on
disk #1. I contacted HP and they told me for the super low price of $29.00
plus shipping, they would send me a new "clean" set of disks. Well, I
figured, what the heck, and ordered the new set. Got em Fed-Ex a few days
later and guess what? Same virus, same disk. I called em again, they told
me to return them and they would ship out yet another set. Well, this went
on 3 or 4 times, each set had a virus on disk #1. I finally got ****ed and
just took the machine to a local shop to have it reformatted and rebooted.
I got my money back from HP without much of an arguement, and the shop only
charged $20.00 to do the job.