Velocity Reviews

-   -   Class B to Class C network migration (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t40108-class-b-to-class-c-network-migration.html)

Harkin 07-19-2005 01:50 PM

Class B to Class C network migration

Currently have a messy 10.1.0.0/16 network. Moving to a 10.1.x.0/24 network.
During this transition (which will happen fairly quickly) I believe that I
should be ok because any traffic that is destined for a node outside of its
own c subnet/VLAN will be sent to my switch/gateway that will know where to
send the traffic, correct? I currently have one VLAN setup that is handling
this big /16 network mess. I will have to break that VLAN and setup the
individual VLANs (/24) to start this process. Should be interesting.