Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD Burner Reading/Writing slower than when new (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t400843-dvd-burner-reading-writing-slower-than-when-new.html)

RZ 04-16-2005 05:35 PM

DVD Burner Reading/Writing slower than when new

14. April 2005 @ 11:49
I have a LG GSA4163B burner that has been running extremely slow...
when I first got it 2 months ago, it would read a dvd movie within 20
minutes, and burn a backup within 10 minutes....now, it takes at least an
hour to read, and almost an hour to backup. I use DVD Xcopy
for software. I have cleaned up my hard drive with AdAware, and have
defragmented, but still no improvement. I haven't added any other hardware
or software to my system since having the LG burner installed.
This is my first dvd burner, so I guess I'm a newbie.
What gives? Why the slowdown? Any ideas?
Thanks

Rotes Sapiens 04-25-2005 05:06 AM

Re: DVD Burner Reading/Writing slower than when new

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:35:48 -0600, "RZ" <rziol@sasktel.net> wrote:

> 14. April 2005 @ 11:49
> I have a LG GSA4163B burner that has been running extremely slow...
> when I first got it 2 months ago, it would read a dvd movie within 20
>minutes, and burn a backup within 10 minutes....now, it takes at least an
>hour to read, and almost an hour to backup. I use DVD Xcopy
> for software. I have cleaned up my hard drive with AdAware, and have
>defragmented, but still no improvement. I haven't added any other hardware
>or software to my system since having the LG burner installed.
> This is my first dvd burner, so I guess I'm a newbie.
> What gives? Why the slowdown? Any ideas?

Are you sure you aren't re-encoding the movie into some other format?
I takes a lot longer if you aren't doing a mpeg2 backup.

Sig:
Work saves us from three great evils: boredom, vice and need. -Voltaire,
philosopher (1694-1778)