Velocity Reviews

-   -   xml parser - write into XML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t400718-xml-parser-write-into-xml.html)

utkarsh bidkar 03-01-2007 12:13 PM

xml parser - write into XML

Hi all,

I am trying to read and write an XMl thro HTML.

I am first loading the file in IE and then reading the XML and
updating HTML thro getmessage()

document.getElementById("to").innerHTML=
xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("to")[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue ;

I am not sure how to write the XML through HTML.

alternately even if anyone can help me to update an xml with the given
string thro a C++ prog, that would be extremely helpful.

thanks in advance,

utkarsh.

Martin Honnen 03-01-2007 12:52 PM

Re: xml parser - write into XML

utkarsh bidkar wrote:

> I am trying to read and write an XMl thro HTML.
>
> I am first loading the file in IE and then reading the XML and
> updating HTML thro getmessage()
>
> document.getElementById("to").innerHTML=
> xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("to")[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue ;
>
> I am not sure how to write the XML through HTML.

It is not clear what you want to achieve. Show us the relevant input XML
and tell us exactly what you want to display in that HTML element ided
as 'to'.
--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

git 03-04-2007 08:50 AM

Re: xml parser - write into XML

This looks like an ideal use for the technology normally used for AJAX.

I am working on describing exactly this sort of stuff at
www.nerds-central.com

First off have a look at:
http://nerds-central.blogspot.com/20...pt-exsead.html

But I also have code that does 100% the sort of thing you are talking
about in an xml-rpc jscript library that we at TPN use all the time for
xml-rpc/ajax. I will try and find time to write it up soon.

Also - please feel free to join the emailgroup
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nerds-central/

I am trying to get it started up and running nicely for support of people
doing exactly this sort of thing.

Cheers

AJ