Velocity Reviews

-   -   heard of Systemax PCs ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t400696-heard-of-systemax-pcs.html)

someone 04-02-2005 11:14 PM

heard of Systemax PCs ?

Anyone heard of Systemax ? They claim "assembled and supported in the
USA" Tigerdirect.com has them at some very good prices but are they a
smart buy ?

--

Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://www.rfruth.net

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

spam the Federal Trade Commission thats spam@uce.gov

JTJersey 04-03-2005 01:00 AM

Re: heard of Systemax PCs ?

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 23:14:40 +0000, someone wrote:

> Anyone heard of Systemax ? They claim "assembled and supported in the
> USA" Tigerdirect.com has them at some very good prices but are they a
> smart buy ?

Nothing wrong them particularly,but like any preconfigured system look at
the specs very carefully. Watch for MicroATX boards with few or no
expansion slots. Check the memory type. There may be 512Mbs of DDR RAM
installed, but it may be PC2100 at 266Mhz when the motherboard could
handle PC3200 at 400Mhz which is, of course, more expensive. The list
goes on and on, but like I said, there's nothing more or less wrong with
them than most other factory built machines.
--
Registered Linux User #267152