Velocity Reviews

-   -   how many mp3s on a 512mmc card? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t400449-how-many-mp3s-on-a-512mmc-card.html)

milo 03-18-2005 01:35 PM

how many mp3s on a 512mmc card?

G'day
any ideas on how many songs i can fit on a 512mmc card?
ive also been thinking of the 1gig sd card but my nokia n-gage
wont use sd aparantly, any confermation on this
thanks
-_-_-
milo

Terry Joyce 03-18-2005 02:20 PM

Re: how many mp3s on a 512mmc card?

milo wrote:
> G'day
> any ideas on how many songs i can fit on a 512mmc card?
> ive also been thinking of the 1gig sd card but my nokia n-gage
> wont use sd aparantly, any confermation on this
> thanks
> -_-_-
> milo

How large are the files? Just highlight the mp3s and right click
properties. Hold the control key and un highlight until you have 512 megs.
I don't know the quality (96k,128k,160k,190k or 256) of the tunes not do
I know if it is "Thick as a brick" (whole album) or short Blink 182
songs. These are the variables involved.
Good Luck
Tee Jay

Plato 03-18-2005 04:42 PM

milo wrote:

> any ideas on how many songs i can fit on a 512mmc card?
> ive also been thinking of the 1gig sd card but my nokia n-gage
> wont use sd aparantly, any confermation on this

It all depends on the filesize of the songs. There is no set number of
files you can put on a storage device.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

bambam 03-19-2005 04:06 AM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:35:33 +0000, milo wrote:

> G'day
> any ideas on how many songs i can fit on a 512mmc card?

About 100 good quality mp3's.

Will Dearborn 03-19-2005 09:39 AM

Re: how many mp3s on a 512mmc card?

That's about what I average also.