Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cannot Find Removable Drive... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t400322-cannot-find-removable-drive.html)

Rick W. 03-10-2005 12:00 AM

Cannot Find Removable Drive...

System: Intel Pentium P4 - 2.53, GHz 1GB Ram. OS: Windows XP Pro SP1 OEM

Picked up a Polaroild PDC3030 digital camera. Loaded necessary software as
per the manufacturer's instruction. Upon reboot, the removable drive cannot
be found in My Computer, but can be located in Administrative Tools >> Disk
Management where it is reported as Drive F: It is also visible in the Device
Manager under Disk Drives, Storage Devices and USB. The techs at Polaroid
state the camera was installed correctly. For the time being, antivirus and
firewalls have been disabled. The computer is not on a network. Polaroid's'
tech support insist I install Windows XP SP2 - I fail to see how this will
remedy the situation, the packaging states the camera will operate on
various OS's from Windows 98 to Windows XP.

My Question(s):

Is there a way to force the drive to become visible in My Computer? If so,
please elaborate.

Is there a way to map or share a removable drive?

Will Windows XP SP2 correct this abnormality?

Thank you for your time, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Rick W. 03-11-2005 02:27 AM

Problem solved

Removable drive problem solved. Updated to SP2 and newer antivirus
software - working perfectly.