Velocity Reviews

-   -   computer to computer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t400178-computer-to-computer.html)

me 03-02-2005 12:55 AM

computer to computer

Hi, I have a new computer coming. Can I download saved files from one to
the other using a simple usb cord?
thanks
me

Thor 03-02-2005 01:59 PM

Re: computer to computer

you'll need a special USB file transfer cable. Otherwise, you could also
pull the harddrive out of the old system, and temporarily connect it to the
CD or DVD drive cable in the new machine, boot it up, and use windows
explorer to drag and drop the files from the old drive to the new one, then
shut down and reconnect your CD/DVD drive cables.

news:7a8Vd.1438$L17.612@newsread3.news.pas.earthli nk.net...

Hank Sniadoch 03-03-2005 03:30 PM

Re: computer to computer

Try FastLynx software and get their special cable. It's inexpensive,
something like $39.95 plus another $17.95 for the cable.